jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What is Your Understanding of, “The God Who Gives is The One Who Takes Away”?

1. ngureco profile image82
    ngurecoposted 8 years ago

What is Your Understanding of, “The God Who Gives is The One Who Takes Away”?

2. kess profile image59
    kessposted 8 years ago

There are two God, one who gives, and the other who takes away.
    No worries though serve the one who gives and everything tin other takes away is for your benefit.

3. profile image0
    loisryanposted 8 years ago

God gave me two beautiful daughters but he took my son when I was eight months pregnant.  In other words we can not expect God to give us everything.  When he takes something away, it is his will.  However, he will not test your faith to the point where you stop having faith in him.

4. M Cassian profile image57
    M Cassianposted 8 years ago

I believe you are refering to the last half of Job 1:21, which says, "The LORD has given, and the LORD has taken away; Blessed be the Name of the LORD."

It is my understanding that the lesson we should learn from Job, is that we are to serve the LORD not matter what. Even in the face of condemnation and loss.

Also, whith God being omniscient, if He takes something away, don't you think that He would have good reason for it? In Isaiah 55:8, we read, "'For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways,' declares the Lord." We do not always know why God does certain things, or allows certain things. But the point is that we need to be steadfast no matter what God sends us, or takes from us.

And the same God who gives, is the same exact God who takes away.

5. nochance profile image92
    nochanceposted 8 years ago

God gives and takes things from your life to help you learn and to help you teach. He gives you good things so you can appreciate your life and the beauty that exists in it. He also takes things away to help you appreciate that beauty, always cherishing it because one day it could be gone.

You lose things so that you can help others who are also going through that loss.

A quote that comes to mind is "I know God won't give me anything I can't handle, I just wish he didn't trust me so much."

You can always get through anything if you trust in God. If he brings you to it, he will bring you through it.

working