jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

I stopped going to church because i thought most of the stuff was BS, what do yo

1. james10 profile image54
    james10posted 7 years ago

I stopped going to church because i thought most of the stuff was BS, what do you think of church?

2. mintinfo profile image74
    mintinfoposted 7 years ago

Church is very important for fine tuning ones moral compass. However, many people just cannot deal with the guilt trip that they use to hold people in living a set lifestyle. It was a tactic developed long age by the church to hold power over the people.

Higher Knowledge was withed from the common people for centuries. Even the Bible itself was reserved for preachers only if you go back 200yrs of more. We are now living in an age of increasingly unrestricted access knowledge. That is why so many people are learning that "truth" is universal and not reserved to anyone's vault.

3. profile image0
    Deborah Sextonposted 7 years ago

Church is there to build faith through the hearing of the word. The problem is, we don't really hear much of the true word of God. But gathering together gives us strength. One match can be broken, two not so much and three matches are even harder to break.

Many use the excuse that it is BS to get out of doing what they don't want to do.

4. jamckinnon profile image54
    jamckinnonposted 7 years ago

Church, organised religion as we know it today is what God reffered to as, Mystery babylon the Great, the Mother of all Harlots, and Abominations of the Earth.
    He cals the churches this because they teach false doctrine and lead astray the flock.
    In fact in Mat 24 Jesus tells us to leave the churches and to go directly to God.
    Mat 24:15 He tells us When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place,(whosoever readeth let him understand:)
    And in Mat 24:16 he states Then let him who is in Judea flee to the mountains.
    In the Bible Judea often depicts the church and the mountains sometime represent the Lord, as in this case.
    So in essense God tells us that in the end times,the churches are corupt and God will not be using these to save his people anymore.

5. Dave Mathews profile image60
    Dave Mathewsposted 7 years ago

First of all the church is not some building where God lives. Why would God want to live in some building that unless being used for church service remains empty, void of life.

The church is the people, those who congregate to offer worship to their creator, Almighty God.

working