jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Exactly why is the Flesh Bad if Gods made us in Their image and Gods Made Everyt

1. Lady Guinevere profile image61
    Lady Guinevereposted 7 years ago

Exactly why is the Flesh Bad if Gods made us in Their image and Gods Made Everything good?

2. grayson248@yahoo. profile image60
    grayson248@yahoo.posted 7 years ago

Based on the very nature of your question and how it is worded I would have to conclude that you are referring to a scripture in the book of genesis in the Holy Bible. Before answering I must make one profound correction in your interpretation. The verse is God made us in HIS image and likeness. These weren't gods, but one God alone, and He did make us in His image and perfect. The problems arose when we as a people allowed sin to corrupt the world and Gods creation, his people. It is this sin that has led to the fall of man. But there is good news. When we believe truly that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, and that He died on a cross for our sins, and was resurrected after three days, then we can be known to God once again. If you will believe this then you will be perfect in His eyes, and let's be serious, do any other eyes really matter? Certainly problems will persist in your life, but the difference will be the hope you will have that you can make it through because the God of the universe will be with you. I have lived a hard and damaged life. I have struggled beyond belief at times, but when I finally surrendered to Him who adores me my life instantly changed. I still have hicups on the road of life, but I am assured that this life is temporary, and because of my faith in Christ I know I will spend a sinless eternity with the God who did in fact, make me in his image!

In Christ
    G. Grayson Tabor

ps. Trust your heart in this matter. My prayers are with you.

3. Torch Harrison profile image83
    Torch Harrisonposted 7 years ago

The short answer:  freewill

Flesh is only bad if we disobey God's laws or make choices that go against what God wants...in other words, you have freewill but if you make a choice contrary to God's...you're bad...at least, according to the Christian viewpoint.

It's not the physical, it's what we choose that determines bad or good.

4. windstorm7219 profile image53
    windstorm7219posted 7 years ago

God made us in his spiritual image.
    The spirit is essentialy pure and blissfull.
    But in oder to recognize this, we must experience
    the opposite of that in the physical realm. Because physical life is challenging and distracts us from what we are originally;
    children of god.

5. Dave Mathews profile image61
    Dave Mathewsposted 7 years ago

It is not that the flesh is bad. What is bad in the eyes of God and Man is the hunger and desire, for a carnal lustful flesh to flesh relationship without being married in the eyes of God. In other words having sexual intimate contact, before marriage. This is Fornication and or adultery, and is an abomination to God. Plain and simple.

Brother Dave.

6. lostdogrwd profile image60
    lostdogrwdposted 7 years ago

man did there own thing and did not listen to God. there were many trees (lesson of life) in the garden and they never got to the tree of life. but we did get to the tree of knowledge of good and evil. and a image is never the real thing. but for our soul to be pure we have to put it in Jesus Christ for he did all the work.

7. profile image46
    quallsposted 7 years ago

When Adam and Eve "fell" or disobeyed God by partaking of the fruit of the knowledge of good and evil, they began to be influenced by evil. Their nature was influenced and passed on generation after generation. I think of it as though we are born as spiritually incompetent  (not comprehending spiritual things). When we become born-again then our spirit is brought back into relationship with God. I used to think that Bang! we were changed and now our nature is altogether spiritual. But I've learned that as a caterpiller goes into a "death experience" then all its inward parts are changed gradually so it can become a butterfly, so we enter a "death to selfish desires" and are gradually changed to be more like Christ. We become more and more like Him as we come to know who He really is (His nature). We read and comprehend what His Word says. Daily we make a decision to choose a higher way than our own. We grow into this new creature progressively. Our sins are forgiven and we are changed, but  is a progression to become more and more like Him. Colossians 3:18...as we look into a spiritual mirror and see Christ, we chose with the Spirit's help to be more like Him, look more like Him and behave as He did...then step by step the Spirit changes us inside to look more like Him in Love, Patience, and all His Nature is developed in us. I hope this makes sense  to you. This answered a lot of questions for me when I used to ask...why do I have this attitude or that thought if I'm changed. But as we choose His way and allow the Spirit to change us from our old ways, we look more like Him.