If Jesus Christ is God in the flesh, is He then one being in heaven?

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (21 posts)
  1. ii3rittles profile image79
    ii3rittlesposted 13 years ago

If Jesus Christ is God in the flesh, is He then one being in heaven?

I always thought Jesus was the son of God, in all actuallty. I never knew the meaning of "the son of God" until just now. So now I realize that God came in human form and was called Jesus, Jesus and God are the same. So knowing that God didn't make a son he became a son I am confused. In heaven, Is God one being, or is God and Jesus (his human form) both up/out there seperately?

2. Thesource profile image67
    Thesourceposted 13 years ago

In 325.AD the Christian elders met is Nicaea to determine who is Jesus. The debate concentrated on two points of view. One of these suggested that Jesus was a man who reached the highest spiritual state. The other opposing view was that Jesus the only Son of God and is God. This view that Jesus was the only Son God won the debate. Eventually those Christian elders who opposed this views were hunted down and killed as heretics by those who won the debate. Therefore Christians today believe that Jesus was the only Son of God and he is also God.

I don't see the creditability of those who kill others because they see Jesus in a different light. Furthermore the definition of Son means that he must have a father and a mother. That raises an interesting question. So who did God marry in Heaven to have his legitimate Son of God?

I believe that Jesus was just human who has acquired the highest spiritual state. He is not the only one. Others live in obscurity.

When man dies, his soul, mind and a form of the body all goes to heaven. The earthly body of human returns back to earth where it came from upon one's death.

1. profile image53
      Norine Williamsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

We're talking about God who is a Spirit!  Does a Spirit NEED a mother & Father? However, God manifested Himself in flesh so MAN could relate! I'm praying!

3. Obelia profile image61
    Obeliaposted 13 years ago

The Trinity is one of those areas taken by faith and understood little.  It's not an area I can explain well, but Jesus is the second person in the Godhead Trinity.  They are Three yet One. 
    1 John 5:7 "For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. "  Jesus is the Word made flesh, so the Word in this verse speaks of Jesus Christ.

Each has his own purpose within the Godhead.  You can see all Three acting at once during the baptism of Jesus.  Jesus is in the sight of all the people and was baptized.  God, the Holy Spirit, descended on Him "like" a dove (many people tend to think He is a bird).  God, the Father, spoke audibly of His approval of Jesus (God, the Son). 
    Luke 3:21-22 "21Now when all the people were baptized, it came to pass, that Jesus also being baptized, and praying, the heaven was opened, 22And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased."

All three were together in the beginning.  Jesus wasn't created but is the Creator. John 1:1-3 "1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2The same was in the beginning with God. 3All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made." 

It can be a difficult concept to grasp.  I don't think we'll understand fully until we're in His presence.  Maybe someone else will be able to expand and clarify.

I hope that helps some.

1. profile image53

O:  Don't LIMIT God! Scripture doesn't LIE!  Col 2:9 "IN CHRIST" who is JESUS!  Research these Scriptures Matt 28:19 & I John 5:7-8 which "THEY" have changed to confuse you! God Bless!

4. profile image0
    coffeesnobposted 13 years ago

thesource
    Why would you answer this question when you don't even believe in Jesus as the Son of God?  On what authority do you answer this question, since you present an antheistic or deterministic view point? 

ii3rittles
    I am currently working a hub that helps explain the Trinity for better understanding. 

Obelia, glad you jumped in to shed some light and truth here.  Bless you

1. profile image53

There is no "Trinity" in Scripture and to say there is is a ....?

5. goldenpath profile image66
    goldenpathposted 13 years ago

Yes and no.  Yes, he is a being of flesh and bone in heaven.  Yes, he is a god in the sense that we worship him and accept him as the Infinite Atonement, the Intercessory and the only One by whom we are able to return to the Eternal Father.

The Trinity consists of three distinct and separate people.  God the Eternal Father exists with flesh and bone.  Jesus Christ exists with his own flesh and bone.  The Holy Ghost exists as a spirit.  His function is to bear witness within our hearts and minds of the divinity of the Father and the Son.  The are three but they work AS one.  They are of one purpose and mission.

It is only through Jesus Christ that we are able to dwell with the Father again and to inherit the joy that He is magnified in.  It is all dependent upon our individual worthiness.  Father wants us to be happy and to have joy without boundaries.  In essence to bear endless posterity in the eternities.  That is joy!  The joy we gain in raising and watching our young grow and make good decisions is just the beginning.  Eternal joy would be to take that witness of growth and multiply it by infinity.  This is joy!  This is eternal exaltation as Father designed our beings to accomplish.

All power and authority runs through God the Eternal Father.  Jesus Christ receives his power and authority through the Eternal Father.  "His is a house of order."  Jesus Christ prayed unto the Father in Gethsemane and elsewhere.  He did not pray to himself. 

His life was a simple example to us.  It was never intended to be a shroud of mystery.  His relationship with the Eternal Father is not all unlike our relationships with our own mortal parents.  Their's is perfected though.

1. profile image53

My God!  Please study!

6. einron profile image54
    einronposted 13 years ago

See: GOD'S MANIFESTATIONS: THE HOLY SPIRIT AND JESUS CHRIST

http://hubpages.com/hub/godsmanifestati … esuschrist

The article was awarded a Google Page One Rank
    About 996,000 results (0.42 seconds)

The word "Trinity" was not found in the Bible.  God is Spirit and not a person, the Holy Spirit is Spirit and not a person.
    Only Jesus qualified as a person. 

Trinity describes three persons as One.  How do you get three persons, when two of them are described as Spirits?

Read the hub suggested to get your answer.

Peace and blessings!

1. profile image53

Amen!  They didn't fool you!

7. jeyaprakash84 profile image60
    jeyaprakash84posted 13 years ago

Most of the time, the words become a barrier in understanding God. It could be said, everything is God (his manifestation). Water is a liquid when it is in room temperature. Becomes ice when freezes, becomes vapour when heated up. Are these things different?

Philosophical analysis will not give a satisfactory answer. We need to realize the truth. Self-realization is the way!

1. profile image53

John 4:24 is the "answer!" Jesus operates in different "Glories!"

8. KatieCohen profile image59
    KatieCohenposted 13 years ago

There were many "jesus" around that time. His story was just the one that lasted.

theres probably no god so stop worry about it and enjoy your life smile

1. profile image53

I'm praying!

9. Bible Studies profile image65
    Bible Studiesposted 13 years ago

I like jeyaprakash84 example with the water, ice, and vapor. The trouble is that we don't really understand or have the words to describe something in the physical that is really spiritual. Some times science fiction has a better understanding.

Yes I use to watch a lot of science fiction. There was an episode of smallville where a boy was able to clone himself. This can even be seen in the movie sky high where a cheer leader was able to make numerous clones of herself. When the boy and cheerleader did, the clone looked identical, they were the same person, but yet each clone could act on its own. But with the trinity as shown with Jesus on the cross, the entities can be totally separated, and one can turn's its back on the other. Yet, Jesus was still in the will of God. God will always trump science fiction.

I know it was shown more so in smallville than in sky high, that the boy and his clone were aware of each other. Even when they were miles apart, they still knew what the other was doing. For example the boy was out on a date with a girl, while his clone was in the city robbing a bank. They could set up attacks and ambushes without having to talk to each other. Each was aware of what was around the other.

It helps to remember anything is possible with God. If anything is possible for him to separate himself into three entities and still be the same entity. The entities are aware of each other, and can act independently or in unison with each other. I also remember it being explained using a three leaf clover. There are three leaves on the plant, but yet it is still only one plant.

Remember our bodies on this Earth will not be the same once we die. When Jesus came back from the dead, he could disappear and reappear at will, walk through walls, didn't need to eat or drink, and floated up in the air. Who knows what else he could have done.

In the Book of Revelations when it describes the throne of God, even the angels don't know or understand all the mystery's of God.

1. profile image53

But with the trinity as shown with Jesus on the cross, the entities can be totally separated, and one can turn's its back on the other.  Really? The "flesh" was talking the Spirit of God did not turn His back on Jesus! God is not "Trinity" He is MORE

10. Dian'swords4u profile image60
    Dian'swords4uposted 13 years ago

There is God the Father, God the son and God the Holy Spirit.  God is three in one called the Holy Trinity.  God did send his son Jesus to earth as a human to pay the price for our sins on the cross.  Yes Jesus is in heaven at the right hand of God the Father.

1. profile image53

Only three? Don't limit God!  Where are the words Holy Trinity in Scripture? Read Isaiah 44:6; 43:10-13; 45:5, Col 2:9 "IN HIM" - JESUS! Don't let THEM fool you!

11. profile image53
    Norine Williamsposted 9 years ago

See ii3rittles you have to worship and study scripture "in spirit" and not carnally!  Think of A Spiritual being - God who can change Himself into anything anytime anyplace simultaneously if He desires then you may be able to understand the Many Different "Roles" of God!

The problem is "religion" has confused believers!  God manifests Himself in different "Roles" (more than 3 - The Trinity) throughout the scriptures!  But in the dispensation in which WE now live, the New Covenant, under Grace and Truth, Jesus rules!

Remember in Matthew 28:18 Jesus said, "All authority is given unto me in heaven and in earth."  So where is God if all authority has been given to Jesus?  Yes, Jesus is One Spirit in heaven, in the "Role" of gathering the Church in OUR dispensation!  "Sitting on the right hand of God" means sitting in righteousness (for God is a Spirit) and not a little Jesus sitting on the right hand side of a big God!

To make it more confusing, one day "reconciliation" will take place and Jesus will move out of His "Role" and revert back to how it was in the beginning so God can be "all in all."   (I Corinthians 5:24-28)

The only way you can understand this is to read Scripture with spiritual eyes; this is what Jesus wants us to do!  (John 4:23)

1. profile image53
      Norine Williamsposted 8 years agoin reply to this

II Timothy 4:3-4.  ""...having itching ears..."

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)