jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Have you purposefully developed your life philosophies & beliefs?

1. Ken R. Abell profile image81
    Ken R. Abellposted 7 years ago

Have you purposefully developed your life philosophies & beliefs?

2. ggordie profile image54
    ggordieposted 7 years ago

most of it was not intentional. some of it was.

3. mateusmatiasmm profile image56
    mateusmatiasmmposted 7 years ago

Hard to say. The majority of my life philosophies come from concepts I assimilated through childhood and adolescence - my Christian view would make a good example. However, all those principles which have guided me for a long time are now being revised, kept or banned. I'm tempted to say that's how our personality is built ever since we first stepped on Earth. When it comes to religion - focusing on Christianity -, I strongly believe in revelation - i.e., shadowy truths get clearer as we grow in communion, through the indispensable work of the Holy Spirit, the only one able to leader such a ticklish work. Ambience is imperative in the construction of one's principles - which indicates they are not developed purposefully, at least not in most circumstances.

4. profile image0
    ShadowKing!posted 7 years ago

Yes. Most definitely.
    Born with a love for knowledge and a passion to learn history, I eventually created a system of belief backed by an authority I believe validates my perspective.
    (A few of ) My Philosophical Laws.
    #1 The Bible in its original languages is my ultimate spiritual authority.
    #2 Secular historical documents are my doctrines to distinguish what actually happened in the PAST.
    #3 Logic is my prime method of thinking, judging, and speaking--closely followed by practicality and common sense.
    #4 Logical facts backed by common sense and reputed historical evidence are the only truths I'll consider as authentic.
    #5 Everyone deserves a second chance to be forgiven and go righteous. However, after 3 major related mistakes committed that person convicts himself to criticism or backlash.

5. samnashy profile image81
    samnashyposted 5 years ago

Everyday I work on it.  Some days I think I am getting somewhere and others, well.......  I'll keep trying and hopefully see some good results.

6. Emanate Presence profile image78
    Emanate Presenceposted 5 years ago

Absolutely. The point when I made conscious choices about my world view was pivotal to my life and set me in a new direction. It is a story.