What is Inner Silence?

1. EnergyAdvisor profile image75
    EnergyAdvisorposted 7 years ago

What is Inner Silence?

2. Tusitala Tom profile image65
    Tusitala Tomposted 7 years ago

Inner silence occurs when the verbal chatter of the mind, the self-talk, stops.   This can be brought about by meditational practices.   Though I must admit to only having experienced it for fairly long periods of time, whilst undertaking long, e.g. nine and ten day meditational retreats where one meditates for maybe ten and eleven hours a day.   
    ]
    For  shorter periods, however, it is possible for these to occur spontaneously.  This is one reason why people like to travel and experience new things.   In that moment of discovery, when one is looking, the mind-chatter often stops.  But it generally doesn't last, as the ego-mind (the conditioned evaluating part of ourselves) goes into its diatribe of like:dislike, good:bad, etc..

3. candi40 profile image54
    candi40posted 7 years ago

I agree with Tom. I believe it is possible to train the mind to quiet the self-talk, at least temporarily, but it usually takes a lot of practice over a period of time. If you are able to achieve inner silence, you may be able to communicate with your higher self or intuition. Some people are able to do this fairly easily; I have experienced it myself, but it seems to happen when I least expect it! I consider myself blessed to be able to receive messages, even sporadically, from my higher self.

working