jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How many years of study did it take for you to BElieve in reincarnation?"

1. Ladyfairz profile image73
    Ladyfairzposted 7 years ago

How many years of study did it take for you to BElieve in reincarnation?"

I have been studying since 1966 - I have always wondered how the belief was going to get to the masses in the western civilization...it is thru the computer generated games that all the young people are in to!

2. Nick B profile image81
    Nick Bposted 7 years ago

There have been so many recorded cases of past life regression not to take some notice and on top of that, if you believe in ghosts, then something must happen after death.

It's not a foregone conclusion that if there are ghosts, then there must be life after death and therefore reincarnation, but it's one way that the circle becomes whole.

I would hate to think that we are on this earth for our allotted three score years and ten and that to be that. I think that if you have ever had that deja vu sensation, then you may well be recognising something from a previous existence.

It's not something I have studied, but it is something I have postulated on for some time.

I suspect that there are going to be people out there in internet-land that think I'm one stick short of a yard broom, but so be it.

3. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 7 years ago

I strongly suspect I ALWAYS believed it, literally from birth, but did not begin serious study of reincarnation until age 28.  By age 28 and 1/4, I had ABSOLUTELY no doubt.

This all took place in 1972.  In 1973, I told my fellow students in our astrology group in Spokane, Washington, that reincarnation wasn't enough for me--I was going to find my way OFF of that there wheel of compulsory going 'round and 'round, and I was going to do it in THIS lifetime.

They went into shock.  Couldn't be done, they swore.

As usual, they were wrong.

4. Thesource profile image81
    Thesourceposted 7 years ago

Some thing inside me feels like I have lived before. I feel there is more in me and it did not come from my present life. I feel I have experienced people, places and emotions that are not part of this life.

There is a great deal of scientific evidence about reincarnation now.
    I read that the even early Christians believed in reincarnation.

However, today Christian institutions preach that we only have one life to live. Otherwise Christians would "sin" and believe that they can become good in the next life. The church would then lose control and may not survive as an institution.

Christianity is the main reason for the Western civilization in not accepting reincarnation openly.

working