jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Can a true Christian believe in reincarnation? How do you reconcile "coming back

1. Sandi Kroeger profile image81
    Sandi Kroegerposted 23 months ago

Can a true Christian believe in reincarnation? How do you reconcile "coming back" with heaven& hell?

If I call myself a true Christian and live my life by the teachings found in the Bible, how can I also believe in the mystical concept of reincarnation. There is something enticing about believing that, if you live a good life, you can come back again...perhaps in another life form ... or as the regenerated soul of a newborn baby. While these beliefs may seem mutually exclusive, I find logic within each one. Do others think that way too?

2. LoliHey profile image56
    LoliHeyposted 23 months ago

No, you do not come back.  Jesus never said anything about coming back, and neither is it mentioned in the OT.  If we did get reincarnated, there would have been no reason for Jesus to have died on the cross, since we would just die and come back to earth to do a life all over again, and not end up at any end place.  There wouldn't be any point in his death.  So Christians cannot believe in reincarnation because it doesn't align with scripture at all.  Heaven and hell are permanent places.  Once in, you're there for eternity.

Sandi Kroegerposted 23 months agoin reply to this

Since God is omnipotent, I believe he/she could reincarnate living creatures if he/she chose to do so. Why not? He sent Jesus back....

2. LoliHey profile image56
      LoliHeyposted 23 months agoin reply to this

Jesus rose from the dead, he didn't do his life over as someone else.  He stayed himself.  Not reincarnation,

3. celafoe profile image63
      celafoeposted 23 months agoin reply to this

this scripture completely eliminates the possibility of reincarnation being acceptable to a Christian.
      Heb 9:27-28  And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment,
      NKJV    no more needs to be said

3. Oztinato profile image70
    Oztinatoposted 23 months ago

The Hindus quite rightly understand that the universe is so gigantic it has room for all the various faiths and that each constructs it's own otherworldy realm by the power of sincere faith. Presto there's the correct answer.

Sandi Kroegerposted 23 months agoin reply to this

I, too, believe the universe is so enormous that it holds many thing that we have yet to comprehend. But, in that light, is what happens to you when you die determined by whatever faith you hold at that moment of expiration?

2. celafoe profile image63
      celafoeposted 23 months agoin reply to this

your answer is not scriptural therefore has no place in this Christian question section.  believe what you wish but the fact is only true disciples of Christ will have eternal life.   all else is futility

working