jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

To begin with I dislike all religions so I do not want anyone thinking I am bein

1. Mr. Happy profile image82
    Mr. Happyposted 7 years ago

To begin with I dislike all religions so I do not want anyone thinking I am being biased here.

The question is, how come I keep getting these Christian lost souls at my door trying to convert me to their beliefs? Why is there no Buddhist monk ringing the door bell? Where are the Muslim and Hindu preachers?

2. yankeeintexas profile image61
    yankeeintexasposted 7 years ago

I have been a preacher, and the answer to your question is Christian preachers have been taught to go "door knock" as a form of evangelism. I personally have come to the conclusion the people don't want to hear about Jesus, but want to see Him in our actions. This is something that I have done and have gotten a great response to. As far as other religions go they do have their own way of spreading their beliefs.

3. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

i think it gives them a do-gooder nice feeling inside. if your a weak minded person, you believe others need what you need to get by. christians are a dying breed and i think they are trying to get back their followers so that they can say they are right. most religions aren't pushy but christianity, throughout history have always expected people to follow them. even though muslims are scary , christians are like the bullies in the religious playground.

4. profile image0
    Deborah Sextonposted 7 years ago

Christians go to your door to convert you?

I thought only Jehovah's Witnesses did that

5. cjcarter profile image76
    cjcarterposted 7 years ago

haha I'm glad you just dislike every religion equally...