jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

So atheism Is A Religion? I Heard It Has Its Leaders, Preachers, Tenets And Foll

1. ngureco profile image84
    ngurecoposted 7 years ago

So atheism Is A Religion? I Heard It Has Its Leaders, Preachers, Tenets And Followers.

2. A la carte profile image58
    A la carteposted 7 years ago

I really did not know this but when you think about it ..it is not surprising.

3. moncrieff profile image79
    moncrieffposted 7 years ago

Honestly I've never heard of it and I wouldn't understand it. Nevertheless ANY idea can have preachers, leaders and followers, so why not...

4. weblog profile image55
    weblogposted 7 years ago

Who is so desperate to call Atheism a religion? Anyway, this is not something atheists would be worrying about..!!

5. Merlin Fraser profile image77
    Merlin Fraserposted 7 years ago

How can Atheism be a Religion ?

It is a subject that, like everything else in life, has its champions and celebrity spokes people but they hardly qualifies them as leaders nor can I see people flocking to them as some sort of anti-religious Guru.

The idea is surely someone‚Äôs idea of a joke.  What next their own TV Chanel ?

6. Joe Badtoe profile image60
    Joe Badtoeposted 7 years ago

If it was it would be a far more balanced and open religion that would continually question itself and allow others to join in. Just think, no more preaching, no self righteous pious folk shouting about their way is the only way. No arrogant groups demonising other groups who also don't believe in a particualr faith. No violence no torture no crucifixions no falsehoods no persecution and no lies.

Why I'd be tempted to join. We could in one fell swoop demolish hypocrasy and render TV evangilists penniless.

cue the right wing christians.......here they come beating their drum..........

7. wilbury4 profile image71
    wilbury4posted 7 years ago

Rubbish...
    Logically:
    A religion is a belief and worship of a God or Gods....
    Atheism means without belief in God or Gods.
    Therefore athiesm cannot be a religion.....

8. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

if you say so. i guess anything can be a religion to certain people. heck some folks even believe in a thing called "god" . go figure

9. spookyfox profile image72
    spookyfoxposted 7 years ago

By definition atheism is the lack of religion, so the answer to your question is no. There's a popular analogy: if atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.

10. profile image44
    DoDaDa27posted 7 years ago

Atheism is the belief of not believing in any god. So ur believing? thats the same as religion!! someone made up the WORD Religion and Atheism! so if u believe in what some made up then ur weak minded and cannot think for yourselves!!!

working