jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

How has religion affected your life?

1. amsmoving profile image57
    amsmovingposted 7 years ago

How has religion affected your life?

2. Emissionguy profile image85
    Emissionguyposted 7 years ago

If not for religion we might be at peace as a world community. Religion is a divisive and destructive construct of our society. I think its time to put away the religions that inspire hatred and move on to something else like Budhism.

3. Mikeydoes profile image77
    Mikeydoesposted 7 years ago

Well it only affects me every once in a while when I get around my religious family members. Nothing bothersome. It taught me to embrace every religion because it makes people happy.

4. jrsearam profile image60
    jrsearamposted 7 years ago

Religion has affected my life in profound and as of yet, not completely understood ways; as is necessarily the case with all of humanity. One need not be religious nor have significant contact with the religious for this to be true. While there is a difference between the effect of religion on humanity and its effect on any particular individual, what remains true for each and every one of us and for all of us as a whole is that religion, like most, if not all human activity, has been and will always be both constructive and destructive. Religion moves us to obliterate the lives of thousands by crashing airplanes into The World Trade Center but religion also moves us to dedicate our lives to easing the misery of others in Calcutta.

5. haidry profile image76
    haidryposted 7 years ago

Religion some how affects everyone's life, some realize and some not. For me religion taught me about right and wrong, and this all the religions do, teach you to be a perfect human.

This is our misunderstanding if we interpret something wrong. Religion is peace; it gives calm, and especially solutions.

I experienced some times in my life when I become hopeless, and helpless, couldn’t do any thing to help the situation, and that moment this religion is what gives me the calm and peace, and show me the way to minimum if not control the situation but my self.

6. prettydarkhorse profile image65
    prettydarkhorseposted 7 years ago

It gives an order and meaning to your life. It binds families together to have shared beliefs.

7. dpinoy13 profile image59
    dpinoy13posted 7 years ago

it helps you know from right and whats wrong... whatever they say, how old you are without guidance we still are tempted

8. misterdiggs profile image59
    misterdiggsposted 7 years ago

Long before I was born.  Religion decided that my black skin was a curse and that my race was slated to be slaves.

My sojourn here since I was a child has been fraught with peril; long before I had formed a thought White Christianity had deemed me a devil. Inhuman, unclean, unworthy of the dignity bestowed normal white human beings.

I along with a great number of Black Skinned people of African heritage have been shaped for good or ill by this dysfunctional beast called "Caucasianity."

working