are you religious?

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (15 posts)
  1. Thomas@theone profile image71
    Thomas@theoneposted 7 years ago

are you religious?

2. Daddy Paul profile image67
    Daddy Paulposted 7 years ago

I am a believer in the principals of Christ. I will let him be the judge.

3. MOEFLATS profile image72
    MOEFLATSposted 7 years ago

It's pretty clear that everything that the Bible prophesied has come true.  He who was first is now last........and a growing dark collective consciousness is rapidly expanding that persecutes non-members.  I am Christian, but I am very torn between my family which I Love (who are members) and the belief that "everything is fine".  I have nearly been "eaten" by this conciousness and God stepped in and a door opened, pouring out white light which threw back the things that were trying to take control of me.  I am unstable and un-predictable in my views to evade "the other side".  It could be that I've been on my own a long time, it could be trust issues, it could be the sins I don't want to give up.  I'm doing a lot of thinking on this.

4. profile image47
    cbnifposted 7 years ago

God has brought me through so much in my life, and is still bringing me through more trials.  He is so wonderful, so awesome!  I would be no one without Him.

5. Dviews profile image60
    Dviewsposted 7 years ago

Yes - I love Jesus Christ because he expresses true love by dying on the cross for the sins of the world.

John 3:16 says; "For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life"

6. tom_caton profile image80
    tom_catonposted 7 years ago

I believe a man called yeshua had some good ideas,

and that a man called Constantine ruined them.

7. Thomas@theone profile image71
    Thomas@theoneposted 7 years ago

but how do you know, people believing in the same god have changed their beliefs. many who are religous do not go to church, and yet 100 years ago if you did not go to church you were seen to be worshipping the devil. Today women are given rights, and yet not so long ago they had none, supposedly it was gods plan for men to be in power? also, in the middle east people start wars claiming to be doing it for god. And they believe with all there hearts, so do you, so who is wrong, and why? It seems to me that god is whatver you want him to be, whatever gives you comfort.

8. msorensson profile image69
    msorenssonposted 7 years ago

No...But I was raised in a very religious environment and until I was sixteen years old went to church six times a week, at least.

9. ladyjojo profile image59
    ladyjojoposted 7 years ago

DEFINITELY am religious am a PROUD PROUD PROUD believer of the Lord Jesus Christ. No one else can touch my heart like He does. He is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother or anyone else in this world. When am down he raise me up to stand on mountains, When am broken he provides. When i pray he answers my prayers even though some answers take awhile to come. Never understand how  some people don't believe in GOD

10. anthonyhopkin profile image59
    anthonyhopkinposted 7 years ago

Used to be a believer..but as i read more and more books..turned to Atheist....

11. profile image0
    awesome77posted 7 years ago

Well, it depends what you mean. Just imagine all the contradictions spewed by so called religious leaders. Imagine all the bad things, real atrocities committed in the name of religion.

Yes, i  dully recognize there are good and bad people and been religious has nothing to do with it.

Be very careful of many so called VERY RELIGIOUS folks, for they harbor  the most hateful thoughts you can imagine.

Just look at people as good or bad, depending on their actions.

12. WalterDamage profile image57
    WalterDamageposted 7 years ago

Depends, sometimes I do feel like there is someone up there looking out for me...other days, I feel pretty much on my own...

13. Coming of Age profile image58
    Coming of Ageposted 7 years ago

Why do you ask? If you need spititual guidance why not consult a theologian in person?

If you are looking for a atheist, agnostic, or humanist, approach why not ask an expert on one of those issues in person?

And by the way, Thomas Paine was a founding father of America, a signer of the Declaration of Independance, and he was also a Deist. That was 234 years ago. He was not a churchgoer.

Also note that not all wars and atrocities are in the name of religion-The so-called "free-thinkers" generally don't want to allow you the same privilege. They are quick to tell us how many atrocities throughout time have been committed in the name of religion. A statement that might lead you to think that only religious zealotry is the cause of mans atrocities, but wait a minute......How many atrocities (in the last century) have been committed by atheists? Ever hear of Stalin? It's estimated that as many as 5,000,000 died under the free thinking dictatorship that was Stalin's Soviet communism. I won't even go into Mao, Pol Pot, or Kim Jong-il. Suffice it to say that when the so-called free thinkers come to power they are satisfied at nothing less than a forcefully imposed belief that they hold superiority. Sure, your free to think, just as long you think what they tell you to!

14. dianeaugust profile image59
    dianeaugustposted 7 years ago

I am spiritual, but not religious--as such.  I grew up as a preacher's kid in a small town and everything we did was scrutinized, judged and often was the determining factor of whether someone else got to go to the dance or wear a bikini or whatever.  If you get the picture.  Over the years, I loved the church music, ritual, etc., but something was lacking. The way the church body seemed to love people conditionally--conditionally if you do what they want you to do.  This simply did not ring true to my heart.  After many hurtful experiences, I chose not to associate with a church building and congregation but to find a closeness to God that resonated inside of me enough that God's love was the paramount theme.  I miss church at times--the hymns, holidays, but truly feel God reaches people in so many ways, on our varied paths; being religious has many varieties--many ways God calls us close to his side.

15. shahadat73 profile image36
    shahadat73posted 7 years ago

It depends on the definition of "religious". My name is Mohammad that doesn't mean I am a Prophet, thus it doesn't mean I am a terror too. First of all I am human and as a human I try to understand what the religion has given me. I know the medicine I am taking now has some side effects for long term, however this medication must  be necessary to keep me alive for longer period of time.  What should I choose? Not to take the medication or waiting to die earlier?
    Yes I am religious!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)