jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Do you think that young people are exposed to a lot of garbage in the media?

1. womenintouch profile image60
    womenintouchposted 7 years ago

Do you think that young people are exposed to a lot of garbage in the media?

2. profile image0
    jasper420posted 7 years ago

I think young peopple are exposed to alot of garbage everywhere we all are

3. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image97
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 7 years ago

A better question would be this, "Do you think that young people are exposed to ANYTHING BUT GARBAGE in the media?"

If you had asked the question that I've provided here, then my answer would be "NO-THEY ARE EXPOSED TO GARBAGE EXCLUSIVELY IN THE MEDIA."

4. MickS profile image74
    MickSposted 7 years ago

No, I think that we all are.

5. lossehelin profile image61
    lossehelinposted 7 years ago

not just young people. Everyone. and everywhere. Now question is.... what do you describe as garbage?

6. medor profile image64
    medorposted 7 years ago

Yes.  All my life I have been told to be careful about what I allow to come into my mind. The bible says to "guard your mind and thoughts from impurities" in several places, buddist meditate to clear their thought to become pure.  What we are exposed in the media becomes a part of our minds whether we like it or not.
    The violence and senseless bullying young people are bringing into their minds is a distraction from their own personal goals and upbringing.  The humor used to entertain them, I believe makes young people cynical and smart alecks.  The disrespect that they see towards their "elders" or people who are in authority over them, does not develop the right thinking about how to respond to parents, teachers and other adults in their lives.
    The sexuality emphasis is NOT what we want our young people focusing on instead of friendship, family and long term life and educational goals. 
    I was young during the Viet Nam war and quit watching TV because I couldn't handle watching the body counts and body bags paraded acrossed the screen each night.  I quit watching TV at the age of 12 and only watched some sports and a few movies until I was 28.  I hated TV because of it's brutality and the way people treated each other so disrespectfully.

7. HOOWANTSTONO profile image60
    HOOWANTSTONOposted 7 years ago

Yes you are correct, nowadays its "Evolution" and "Alien UFOs" garbage etc mostly coming from Discovery channels.

working