jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

If you were to plan your own personal spiritual pilgrimage, what places would yo

1. Earl S. Wynn profile image84
    Earl S. Wynnposted 7 years ago

If you were to plan your own personal spiritual pilgrimage, what places would you visit?

2. Literature Fairy profile image79
    Literature Fairyposted 7 years ago

India i think, or anywhere Ghandi has stood.

3. cascoly profile image60
    cascolyposted 7 years ago

as an atheist i've impressed by the spiritual sense received in nepal & india.  maybe christianity is just too familiar, but going thru darshan at tirupati and other southern indian temples was profoundly spiritual.  another example was in Ahemedabad, where, after visiting the incredible buddhist caves at Ellora & Ajanta, our guide was taken aback when we asked  to visit a mosque nearby.  It was Eid,, the end of Ramadan, and our guide said he'd never been in a mosque before.  the imam was a perfect host , accepting our visit and the prayers of our Hindu guide.

4. skgrao profile image72
    skgraoposted 7 years ago

The place where my Guru " Gondavali Bramha Chaitanya " lived and if I have to visit any place again and again it will be only that place.
    Sri Sadguru Bramha Chaitanya Mandir
    Gondavali ( Budruk ) 415 504
    Phone - 02165 258292
    Sri.S.B.Damble - Chief Truste.
    ( Free Lodging & Food for any visitor )

5. Jaggedfrost profile image80
    Jaggedfrostposted 7 years ago

I would love to go To Beth-el and Sinai if I could get close enough to it.  Last I checked it overlooked an Egyptian military base but it would be nice to go there all the same.

6. profile image0
    Yarightposted 7 years ago

I would go to Egypt visit all the pyramids, and then fly over to Mexico to see the Aztec pyramids. I think those would be a great place to visit.

7. profile image0
    Antoine Van Hoveposted 7 years ago

Sorry, this is no teasing or anything, but I consider everywhere I go and my whole life as my spiritual pilgrimage.
    To me there is no difference.

But, if you mean a special certain pilgrimage to a certain place somewhere, I would prefer to go to Santiago de Compostella.
    For the journey of meditation and spiritual consideration and transformation under way.

Not so much for the goal itself. Since in my view the path,
    as not so much the end, is that which really matters.