jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Who has read about/been to the Findhorn Garden?

1. pennyofheaven profile image80
    pennyofheavenposted 7 years ago

Who has read about/been to the Findhorn Garden?

What is your experience/opinion?

2. Sa`ge profile image60
    Sa`geposted 7 years ago

I have read about this place and find it fascinating and I certainly believe that plants and humans do have a relationship with each other and that it is humans who do not understand this or most times even want to understand that their attitudes have a lot to do with how their environment responds to them.  I believe this.because of my own experiences with nature. big_smile hug big_smile

3. pennyofheaven profile image80
    pennyofheavenposted 7 years ago

What you say is true for me too. I like what this community is doing. It is the most natural thing when we are aware of these relationships.

My mum was the most aware of these relationships especially when it came to plants, trees and animals. She had this communication going on with them that left everyone astounded at the positive effect.

She could plant anything and it would grow two or three times larger and often sooner, even though the environmental conditions were not ideal.

The animals gravitated toward her.

I am sure what she was communicating to them was pure unconditional love. She is no longer alive but I still I marvel even to this day of her ability to commune with most things.

4. Lilleyth profile image86
    Lilleythposted 6 years ago

I have read about the Findhorn garden and believe that plants do, indeed, respond to us. For instance, my mother had brought some geraniums inside for the winter.  They were in pots, and the leaves were dry and dead.  Geraniums can be hung bare-rooted and replanted in the spring, so they were still alive.  When spring arrived she started watering them, but they didn't put out any new leaves. I was visiting her and commenting on her houseplants and she said "I'm going to throw those geraniums out if they don't start putting out leaves." She called me the next week and said "the geraniums are covered in new leaves".

working