jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (13 posts)

if islam is about peace then why do they try to kill a guy over a cartoon?

1. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

if islam is about peace then why do they try to kill a guy over a cartoon?

to me peace isn't justified when you launch a holy war or you state that someone should be killed over a book or a picture.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/4344213_f260.jpg

2. Ms Dee profile image86
    Ms Deeposted 7 years ago

From their perspective, it is about peace with beleivers in Allah, not infidels. That's why they don't keep peace treaties with infidels. See my hub about the Ground Zero Mosque for more on this.

3. arthurchappell profile image39
    arthurchappellposted 7 years ago

Sadly not every Muslim is a tolerant individual - most are but a few are not  much as with any religion or social group.

4. bettybarnesb profile image60
    bettybarnesbposted 7 years ago

I suppose to really need to research the entire history of a religion to understand their nature.  From the Book of Genesis, they have practiced some form of violence.  Jesus came with Peace and I don't believe they practice Christianity. So they will not have the attributes of Christ.

5. alextsui profile image59
    alextsuiposted 7 years ago

I'm not a Muslim but I live in Malaysia where Islam is the official religion of the country.

You have to know something about the teachings of Islam to really answer this question. In Islam, any depiction of the prophet Mohammad in any visible form such as a picture, drawing or video is considered extremely blasphemous. To you, it may be just a cartoon but to a Muslim, it is a serious violation of their religion.

I have a Muslim friend who is even shocked that Christians can watch a movie like "Bruce Almighty" where God is shown as a guy, and still laugh about it.

6. profile image0
    Butch Newsposted 7 years ago

Many Christians have the same problem... hatred of anyone who won't confirm their delusional beliefs.

One could say the most ignorant of humans become angry when anyone questions their reality.  It's a well known symptom in psychiatry... the first symptom being denial and the next being anger.

People don't like having their beliefs and ideas questioned.  Most all these people have not actually read their Qu'ran or Bible.  They aren't nice people at all.

With any luck they'll kill each other off and we'll be rid of them all.

7. glenn wallace profile image74
    glenn wallaceposted 7 years ago

I'll second what Butch News said. Christianity is also "supposed to be" about peace, turning the other cheek, forgiveness ect, ect. but it doesn't always end up that way.

I'm not very familiar with the tenants of Islam but I imagine it's the same problems most religions have - the gulf between the ideal and reality, are often vast. That plus no matter what religion you pick, there's going to be some yahoo out there trying to twist it for their own selfish purposes... usually through harming others.

8. profile image0
    nomadicasianposted 7 years ago

The answer to the question was already highlighted by the author himself. Thanks for answering it for me.Happy new year.

9. C.V.Rajan profile image78
    C.V.Rajanposted 7 years ago

You see, the cartoon disturbs them so much that such Muslims who can't tolerate it lose their mental peace. Until the cartoonist is killed, they can't get back their peace. What to do?!

10. shabbirkhi profile image61
    shabbirkhiposted 7 years ago

it is no doubt about it that Islam is a religion of peace and justice if some Muslims are doing against the above principle it means not that religion Islam is wrong. suppose if a christian people does anything wrong it means not Christianity religion is wrong but this is also right that some thing in Muslim people i  found wrong but not because of religion just because of wrong interpretation of religion and wrong interpretation in teaching of Islam or some time it is his own wrong attitude.

11. Debby Bruck profile image73
    Debby Bruckposted 7 years ago

We would have to ask them to answer this question and not be presumptuous to really know the answer. In my humble opinion, if people have a peaceful heart, they will find a way to forgive humankind and the acts of individuals, if those acts do not harm another human being. This goes for a person of any religion. We all belong to the human race. Let us hope we win the race toward reaching the goal of peace among brothers and sisters.

12. Billrrrr profile image84
    Billrrrrposted 7 years ago

You only have to look at The Crusades to see examples of religious wars sanctioned  by Christianity.

Wars and killings,  merely show that the animal called 'human' is not very far removed from the rest of the creatures on the Third Planet.

13. andrew savage profile image62
    andrew savageposted 5 years ago

Insane people love to congregate among more insane people, almost as much as they love to breed. When you point out particular lapses of reason to the violently insane they will resort to violence if you give them enough time to feel backed into a corner. Perhaps if we did not have a fossil economy we could simply build a fence around those regions to let the coo coo roam and sqauwk freely. Such a place would resemble Aldous Huxley's Brave New World, but with stonings, beheadings, incest, opium, and more.

Let them wave the olive branch with one hand and the sword with the other- we already have our own olive branches carried by the eagle in America to turn to when we express ourselves freely among people of all religions and ethnicities. And we also have our very long spears carried by the eagle to stick into extremists long before they come to roost in our nest.

working