jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What is so scary about Islam?

1. onestop4islam profile image58
    onestop4islamposted 7 years ago

What is so scary  about Islam?

2. profile image61
    JBunceposted 7 years ago

To me, only the radical extremists. But radical extremists in any religion scare me. I suspect that for most people it's the too frequent tendency to hate or fear anything they don't understand. They can look at things like the Spanish Inquisition, the crusades, and so-called Christian hate groups, and still realize that those don't represent what Christianity is all about, but they won't grant Islam the same benefit of the doubt.

3. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

it's not islam that is scary , it is what comes with the religion. no country has escaped their wrath. if you disagree with them, do something as simple as print a cartoon, arrest one of their leaders etc., extreme violence will follow. i don't hate someone for their religious beliefs but i do hate what islam does to every country that the religion grows in. it is how some of the believers interpret the teachings that make islam a frightening thing. show me a country where islam has grown and i will show you some kind of terrorist attack. followers claim it's the perfect religion but if that's so , how can the koran be interpreted in so many drastically different ways?

4. clicketyclacker profile image58
    clicketyclackerposted 7 years ago

extremists with violent tactics can be found in any religion, but their is actually a lot of beauty in islamic teachings and practices. the quran includes many of the same lessons about striving for good and being humble and treating others with kindness that are found in other religious texts. we are all a lot more alike than we are different, but unfortunately the militant minority found in religious groups often scare people away from the religion as a whole.

5. azimimpossible profile image57
    azimimpossibleposted 7 years ago

Religions are never scary.The people in order to make it popular become extreme and end up in spoiling one's religion.Islam is not at all extreme.It is the most peaceful religion of the world interpreted in wrong way.Follow it properly and the world will be peaceful place to live in.

Closed to reply

working