jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Are You scare?? While Reading my Bible in Revelation I fell scare while reading

1. Aisha Maragarette profile image57
    Aisha Maragaretteposted 7 years ago

Are You scare??
    While Reading my Bible in Revelation  I fell scare while reading all the...

verses,do you feel the same??

2. Kristeen profile image69
    Kristeenposted 7 years ago

The book of Revelation is filled with lots of visions and figures of speech. It is very difficult for the average person to understand and many people interpret it wrong. Much of what is told us there is a beautiful picture of heaven which is a comfort. It doesn't scare me because I have faith in God's promises. Read the Gospels, Matthew, Mark Luke and John and you will find comfort in the promises of God and in the words of Jesus. Let the Theologians read and interpret Revelation.

Jesus is God's Son. He is true God and true man. He lived a perfect life without sin in our place. He suffered and died on the cross, taking the punishment we deserve for our sins upon Himself and giving us His holiness. Through Jesus our sins are covered. God no longer holds us accountable because Jesus paid the debt we owe. We are washed in His blood. We are saved by Grace (God's undeserved love) through faith in His one and only Son. It is a gift from God and is available to all people. When we believe in Jesus, we do not need to fear death and damnation, but can be confident we will spend eternity in heaven.
    Those who reject God's free gift of salvation are the ones who need to fear death and hell. Faith in God, and having a loving relationship with Him is a wonderful thing. We can't come to faith on our own, but the Holy Spirit puts faith in our hearts through His word, the Bible and also through Baptism. So keep reading. If you already have faith, it will grow stronger. If you don't have faith or are not sure if you do, it will come to you.

3. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

no. don't forget it's only a book. though the tales seem scary, it's not like things in the bible are going to happen so no worries.

4. Dave Mathews profile image61
    Dave Mathewsposted 7 years ago

One should never be scared. A wise man once said; "We have nothing in life to fear, except fear itself."

5. Aisha Maragarette profile image57
    Aisha Maragaretteposted 7 years ago

Its nice reading all your response, I'm scare because of just a feeling being a Human but of course I believe that whatever happen or prophecy will come  i always holding on the word and love of GOD.

6. SPIRIT n TRUTH profile image64
    SPIRIT n TRUTHposted 6 years ago

No. God is good, and His word is good, even if man is not.

A summary of the Book of Revelation/Apocalypse is "Jesus Wins."

Also, it is called the Revelation/Apocalypse of Jesus Christ. Not the revelation of the end times, not the revelation of current invents and news, etc. but of Jesus.

This book is certain literary style called "Apocalyptic" and has multiple parts to it such as fantasy imagery, metaphors, codes, metaphoric numbers, multiple views of the same thing, a message of Hope in times of persecution, etc. Read The Apocalypse Code by Hank Hannegraaf for good start and principles in interpreting this book.

If you believe on Jesus Christ, then you are a Christ-ian and a Saint and are protected by God no matter what happens, though we may experience war and battle our God is a mighty fortress. "I will command my angels concerning you and rescue you and give you full and long life," Psalm 91 "God Himself will guard you against the evil one," 2Thess. 3. etc. etc. etc. Grace and Peace be upon you in the Name of Jesus Christ, amen.

working