jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

While reading God's Book, the interest?

1. m abdullah javed profile image79
    m abdullah javedposted 3 years ago

While reading God's Book, the interest?

Your interest remains contant? Increases?  Or Decreases?, how do you reflect? What's the method of studying the holy book?

2. connorj profile image76
    connorjposted 3 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/11837108_f260.jpg

It is only part of the equation I use to stay close to Him; if I can infer at what you may ultimately be contemplating. Thus, one could say it may perhaps be quite challenging to only focus on the Book alone. My equation (and by no means is it the only way), includes a speckling of contemplative prayer and reflection, receiving the Host and "Blood" to be reinforced by Him, daily reading of the Liturgy of the Hours (although I fail at this on occasion), constant listening in an state of "complete stillness" when possible, and providing service for Him as a Eucharistic Minister (volunteer) only twice monthly.
    By the way, even with this, there is ambiguity and I have found that those so called "mere coincidences" have a tendency to re-center me to Him.

1. m abdullah javed profile image79
      m abdullah javedposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Hi connorj, very profound answer, thank for sharing.

2. connorj profile image76
      connorjposted 3 years agoin reply to this

If it wasn't for my comatose experience I don't think I would have this "equation," yet thank you for your kindness.

3. m abdullah javed profile image79
      m abdullah javedposted 3 years agoin reply to this

My pleasure connorj.

working