How do I set about finding the ashram for me when, I am only a beginner to yoga,

1. profile image49
    Vickie Forbesposted 7 years ago

How do I set about finding the ashram for me when, I am only a beginner to yoga, and am feeling...

the call to experience ashram living. However the reality is not so sure that I will be entirely comfortable sleeping on the floor yet. Is this the only type of ashram that there is. I like the sounds of all of these Yoga practices. Please can you help me out. I am a beginner traveler and shamefully have not done enough research. Just took off on a journey without proper planning. I pray that you will be able to offer me the guidance that I am needing. Namaste Vickie Forbes. vmforbes@yahoo.ca

2. rishi-bhrigu profile image57
    rishi-bhriguposted 7 years ago

namaste.an old indian saying is " when the student is ready the master will come".

build the willpower to meditate everyday at least for 30 minutes.
    put a timer starting with a ten minute dyan where you concentrate on a candle flame or the tip of your nose or between your eyebrows.

slowly grow it to 15 minutes 20 minutes and than 30 minutes of concentrated focus.

make the ashram visit a bonus if you can reach a certain degree of success first.

working