What's the best way to go about finding a job out of state?

1. Skylar Spring profile image76
    Skylar Springposted 6 years ago

What's the best way to go about finding a job out of state?

My husband is seeking employment out of New York City and we're trying to figure out the best way to go about this. Any advice?

2. Dale Hyde profile image82
    Dale Hydeposted 6 years ago

From my recent job searches within the state, what I ran into was many jobs out of state. The site that seemed to have the most offers, out of state, was Monster. There you can break it down for the areas you would like to search by state, town, zip and such.

3. lifelovemystery profile image93
    lifelovemysteryposted 6 years ago

Hi Skylar, there are a lot of different ways to search for an out-of-state job.

Based on your husband's experience or current field, you can set up Searches on most job boards and even search engines.

Indeed.com is a website that aggregates jobs from most job boards (Monter, CareerBuilder, etc.). Working on an aggregator site like this can save you a lot of time perusing the other boards because it will have a link to those jobs.

You can set up and save independent searches on these boards and on the search engine and also set up contact preference. Contact preference is how frequently you want to received emails about new jobs in your saved job search.

Good luck!