jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Was Jesus lying, was he crazy, or was he telling the truth?

1. manspaugh profile image59
    manspaughposted 7 years ago

Was Jesus lying, was he crazy, or was he telling the truth?

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image97
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 7 years ago

Yes, we've all seen this question before.  The problem with this question is that it has three pre determined answers, and thus, is propaganda.  There are more than the three possibilities that you've listed, Sir.

For the record, I'm a Jesus Fan; but I dislike the question, as it's propaganda; and counterproductive to any cause but to discredit everything about the life of the one if concerns.

3. Titen-Sxull profile image89
    Titen-Sxullposted 7 years ago

I concur with Wesman, there are more than three possibilities.

Also, which claim are we talking about? The claim that he was the son of God? The claim that he could raise the dead? Jesus said a lot of things and did a lot of things that could be called into question... which one are we dealing with?

4. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

none of the above. was jesus really the son of god or was this made up for religious purposes, i'm sure it was the latter of the two.

5. arthurchappell profile image37
    arthurchappellposted 7 years ago

it's a loaded question, on par with ; "Have you stopped beating your wife?  Yes or no?" The answer is probably a combination ofthe three, plus Jesus wan't even writing for himself so we have only a series of sometimes conflicting contrary accounts to base our thoughts about him on.Much attributed to him might not habe happened, or not in the ways described and presented.

6. jeyaprakash84 profile image61
    jeyaprakash84posted 7 years ago

As arthurchappell said, we don't have his original writings to come to a conclusion on Jesus. I consider the writings in bible as a codified language (in many places) of deeper mysteries.

If I were blind and have never seen an elephant, just by reading about an elephant, I cant imagine its physical appearance. In a similar manner, without realizing the subtler realities directly, transcending the mind, we could not understand the writings of realized beings.

7. KatieCohen profile image57
    KatieCohenposted 7 years ago

There will all kinds of "messiahs" in that time.  Everyone was claiming to be the sun of god, some even performing miracles and coming back from the dead.

8. jaredbangerter profile image85
    jaredbangerterposted 6 years ago

"or did Jesus even exist?" should be added to the question.  Not saying I don't believe in him, but like Wesman said, this is a very biased way to state a question that is obvious propaganda.

9. profile image0
    mcals71posted 6 years ago

I love Jesus and He is my God and Savior. I believe in Him and totally trust Him. He loved us madly enough to die for us, so He is also my Hero. Lying? He is Truth incarnate, in Him there is no darkness, only light. He did nothing but good and for this He was terribly vilified. He still is by some. Why? Because they can't stand the Truth.

working