Don't you think it's strange that in the HP forums, you can't use profanity but

1. Troy C. profile image60
    Troy C.posted 6 years ago

Don't you think it's strange that in the HP forums, you can't use profanity but you can blaspheme?

Blaspheme 2.to speak evil of; slander; abuse. Which is worse to use words that man has deemed inappropriate or to speak evil of; slader; abuse. I think what makes profanity bad is the intent behind the words not the words themselves. With blasphemy the intent is clear, and we all know that it is what come out of a man that defiles him.

2. Woman Of Courage profile image60
    Woman Of Courageposted 6 years ago

Yes, I think it's very strange. You have posted an interesting question.

3. lone77star profile image83
    lone77starposted 6 years ago

And "blasphemy" can be defined as, "An irreverent or impious act, attitude, or utterance in regard to something considered inviolable or sacrosanct."

Who is to say what is blasphemy? Specific examples help to define what you mean. Without them, such a discussion is empty theorizing.

Some Christians have felt that I blasphemed for talking about the veracity of reincarnation and karma, and yet these are in the Bible in numerous places. I talk of creating miracles, and some treat this as blasphemy, feeling those miracles are the acts of the devil.

Opinions of mere mortals are rarely truth. Only with humility can we find the answers we seek. This includes humility in the face of apparently undeserved misfortune. It includes gratitude for every sword we suffer, for it is a karmic debt we pay. But payment is only complete with humility and gratitude.

Remember to turn the other cheek. It may not help them, but it most assuredly will help you. Forgiveness is not, if a grudge is still felt.

working