jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

why almost all religions have common aspects?

1. profile image46
    dementia86posted 7 years ago

why almost all religions have common aspects?

why almost all religions have common aspects such as expulsion from heaven, creation stories, flood stories? I think that derives from One God. if this is not the case, plagiarism comes to my mind and I think this is beyond probability what is your opinions and why?

2. PaulGoodman67 profile image97
    PaulGoodman67posted 7 years ago

I personally believe that it is because religions are man made and therefore the common characterstics derive from human culture and psychology.

Some groups such as the B'Hais believe that all religions are just different aspects of one God, as you implied.  However there are many followers of polytheistic religions (Hindus) and non-theist religions (Buddhism) too, remember.

3. sunnyray profile image79
    sunnyrayposted 7 years ago

All religions have originated from One and the same Source. As we go further away from the highest spiritual realms, the various religions begin to differentiate one from another.

But these differences are only seen on the levels of manifestation, on the formative aspect of things. Their essence is the same.

That's why the enlightened ones, mystics, saints, and holy people of all religions easily find common language, and understand each other so nicely. In contrast, people blinded by the form, see different rites, different clothes, different prayers, different visual aspects, etc., and fail to see the one and the same essence of true cosmic love and unity.

So, I believe, our aim is to find these common aspects of all religions, not in the manifested visible world, but in the regions of our hearts and souls and our inner life. Then we will see the great unity that exists in spite of all the seemingly apparent differences.

4. mattbull220 profile image53
    mattbull220posted 7 years ago

A very good movie to watch that touches alot on this topic is the, zeitgeist.

5. keepitnatural profile image71
    keepitnaturalposted 7 years ago

In my opinion, although there are more finer details to this, this main thing is that they all believe in something out there much greater than us, which created us & which we will some day return to - God (whatever they may call him!)

6. Jen Buczynski profile image57
    Jen Buczynskiposted 7 years ago

I once researched the biblical flood. I found that there are stories all over the world concerning a flood, with lots of similarities! I take that to mean that it was indeed fact. There WAS a genuine flood, and there were only a few people that survived: Noah, his wife, his sons and their wives. Each story varies slightly, but I believe this is due to forgetfulness in storytelling. Research it--it's really awesome.

But moving on from that, a major reason why so many religions deal with heaven is obvious--we all want goodness after death. Death is truly a mystery for all of us--we've never been there! Hence our obsession with zombies and ghosts. We want something to be there after death. I believe all humans have similar needs: physical necessities, like food, drink and safety, but we also have spiritual needs. We need to love and be loved. And in a way, I think "primitive peoples" had more wisdom than many in Western society do today, especially concerning how the earth got to be as it is today! No one thought that it could come about on its own. Therefore, their reason (as is mine) was that the earth had to be created.

So yes, I think that has to be derived from one God. smile

7. safiq ali patel profile image71
    safiq ali patelposted 7 years ago

Why do religions all have the same common aspects. Well probably because there is only the one god so all religion flows from the same one source. Which could explain their identicleness.