jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What peaceful actions should be taken towards a better world?

1. Jangaplanet profile image80
    Jangaplanetposted 6 years ago

What peaceful actions should be taken towards a better world?

2. Seakay profile image59
    Seakayposted 6 years ago

You don't look as though you would remember Rodney King, but his plea stating "Can't we all just get along", after he was beaten during the civil rights movement said a lot.  The problem is, people get angry and then they forget their history!  We need something to connect us to each other on an immediate basis.  I really think things are going to get better and better with "real time" communication through the internet.

Just my 2 cents (which buys nothing nowadays! LOL)

3. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

I think a good start would be to talk to each other.  For example, if you were a liberal, and I was a conservative--we would disagree on many points.  But instead of insulting each other, what if we sat down and you told me why you believe certain things, and I could in turn tell you why I felt certain ways about things.  Now all we hear are insults to both sides, and no one is listening.

Seakay, Rodney King was not beaten during a civil right movement.  He was beaten during an arrest in Los Angeles, California.  He was pulled over for a minor traffic infraction.  He was combative but the cops went over the top and got carried away.  I remember the incident very well.....oh I am feeling old.

4. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

i've said it so many times , i'm beginning to think i'm talking to myself. we need to believe in ourselves and each other and stop believing in all the religions and gods that we have created. i'll argue this point with anyone , believing in gods only helps in groups with the same mind set. the irony is that all the good things that come from such beliefs only happen because people have chose to believe. no god caused them but it was faith that did. a person can do anything by believing and when religious people give credit to some god they seem to not notice that what occured was simply because they tried harder because they thought some god was helping them.

working