jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

"Is cessationism Biblical?"

1. Jangaplanet profile image78
    Jangaplanetposted 6 years ago

"Is cessationism Biblical?"

2. royalblkrose profile image59
    royalblkroseposted 6 years ago

what is cessationism? I'm not familiar with the term. to answer the question properly I need to know the meaning of the -ism

3. stclairjack profile image83
    stclairjackposted 6 years ago

biblical is the only thing it is,... as a word and a concept it has not other aplication,... so yes, its biblical,.... is it corect? ask the pentacostal church, the AG church and others who fall upon the side of contiationism.

me personaly, i'm lucky to get english out in an understandable manner.

4. Pollyannalana profile image85
    Pollyannalanaposted 6 years ago

It is certainly biblical and I witnessed much of it as a child, but since we see little if any going on today many think it was just for the beginning but many believe in what they call Continuationism and that it has never stopped or meant to have and I believe that myself and would love to find a church like that, I think as end days near we may see it and I certainly hope so, I think we will very much need it. Tongues are least of the gifts but are for self edification and I would be thrilled with just that. As for tongues in church there is suppose to be an interpreter for the whole church with God speaking through someone to the group. I certainly believe there should be healing today as from Jesus death on the cross because not only was His blood for our sins but His stripes for our healing, everyone seems to skip over that part.

5. DanuckInUSA profile image60
    DanuckInUSAposted 6 years ago

That would depend on whether you feel the scriptures reveal you to be a dispensationalist or a covenential theologian. If you are a dispensationalist there is validity biblically to the concept of the cessation of spiritual gifts. If you are a covenential theologian then you will be counter-cessationalist.

Ultimate this has no effect on the Gospel found in Christ.

6. PlanksandNails profile image85
    PlanksandNailsposted 6 years ago

Is this a disputable or indisputable question?

The one who eats is not to regard with contempt the one who does not eat, and the one who does not eat is not to judge the one who eats, for God has accepted him. Who are you to judge the servant of another? To his own master he stands or falls; and he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand.
    Romans 14:3-4

Therefore, my beloved, flee from idolatry.
    1 Corinthians 10:14