jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Would you want The Ten Commandments back in the court houses?

1. Brinafr3sh profile image81
    Brinafr3shposted 6 years ago

Would you want The Ten Commandments back in the court houses?

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image97
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years ago

Yes I do.  I think that the idea of "thou shalt not bear false witness" alone is reason enough.

3. profile image0
    SusieQ42posted 6 years ago

I would love to see the Ten Commandments posted everywhere!  In the Library, the restaurants, the bars, the schools, churches, and at home!!!

4. DanuckInUSA profile image58
    DanuckInUSAposted 6 years ago

I would like God back in the court houses.

5. FriendofTruth profile image69
    FriendofTruthposted 6 years ago

Did you know that in the Supreme Court's chambers the 10 commandments are written on the doors so that if they close their doors they will see them? Also a picture of Moses holding the 10 commandments stands overhead the judges. And isn't it ironic that they try to kick the 10 commandments out of everywhere else....

6. dmop profile image77
    dmopposted 6 years ago

Perhaps we could come to an agreement of sorts, and agree to display the second half of The Ten Commandments, but not stop at displaying them; require them to be adhered to strictly by all government officials, under penalty of law. It seems like a fair compromise to me, we are responsible for all of our commandments and our leaders only have to be responsible for half of them. read more

7. Dennis AuBuchon profile image84
    Dennis AuBuchonposted 6 years ago

I feel displaying the Ten Commandments should not be restricted from being displayed anywhere and especially in our court houses.  The lawsuits brought to date have succeeded in some instances but you never here any suit being brought for the display of the Ten Commandments on the Supreme Court building in Washington, D.C.

The same freedom to display the Ten Commandments should be in existence.  Many of the lawsuits have cited separation of church and state but there is no specific religion associated with the Ten Commandments.  Individuals have the option to not look at displays of the Ten Commandments.  Individuals forget we have the right to display them and no individual or group has the right to prevent us from doing so.  It is called freedom of speech and freedom of religion.