jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Does all life have consciousness of some degree & does this automatically equal

1. keepitnatural profile image74
    keepitnaturalposted 6 years ago

Does all life have consciousness of some degree & does this automatically equal intelligence? Plants

trees?

2. DavitosanX profile image73
    DavitosanXposted 6 years ago

That is a tough question. I would attempt to answer it, but while researching for it I found this site http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/consciousness/ and I thought I'd just link it so you can read it.

3. aslanlight profile image73
    aslanlightposted 6 years ago

According to a botanical expert I read about trees have the equivalent of a central nervous system and a heart. They, like us are mostly made up of water. All cells consist of empty space to the extent that all of the matter in all humans on earth would be the size of a coin if the space was taken away. This was in a science documentary.

We aren't so different to any other species.

4. stuff4you profile image64
    stuff4youposted 6 years ago

I'm confident that they don't have consciousness as we know it, or nearly to the same extent that we do.

I think its possible that a mouse has around 5 % of the consciousness we have. only a guess.

5. edhan profile image61
    edhanposted 6 years ago

Yes. I do feel that plants do have the same consciousness. I was told by a friend that plants have similar dna as human.

I love planting and do 'talk' with my plants. It grows very well with me nurturing my plants daily.

6. wilbury4 profile image72
    wilbury4posted 6 years ago

Plants are probably conscious of light, and rain and such, and they will probably react to sensing them... But intelligence? I would say not, I would call it instinct!

working