jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Have you noticed that provacative questions regarding the nature of god

1. ptosis profile image73
    ptosisposted 6 years ago

Have you noticed that provacative questions regarding the nature of god

has the most virulant negative ratings on the answers?

2. profile image0
    AMBASSADOR BUTLERposted 6 years ago

You can not handle the truth. I am the Alpha and I am the Omega. Your arms are too short to box with GOD.

3. Harlan Colt profile image74
    Harlan Coltposted 6 years ago

Most people believe in God despite all the attacks and attempts to do away with him. On judgement day, we will all be believers, but God said, even the devils believe and tremble.

If you've noticed the premise of your question, its because most people believe.

- Harlan

4. PurvisBobbi44 profile image81
    PurvisBobbi44posted 6 years ago

We who believe in God, have faith--when we have a rough time in life--prayer and faith are with us everyday to carry us on in the bad times. We feel his blessings in many ways, our prayers are answered in his way, and we are blessed without asking.
    I would not want to live in this world without my God, the Father. And I thank him everyday for being in my life.

5. sam3m profile image61
    sam3mposted 6 years ago

i have noticed this and it puzzles me because if you don't believe, what can you possibly care about re: someone who does?  i don't believe there's a supreme being, but those who believe don't threaten or even effect me.  even those who actively prosthelitize don't affect me, and impress me because of their belief and dedication.

6. WarrioressRising profile image58
    WarrioressRisingposted 6 years ago

I don't believe that it is silly to ask the question; who or what created this physical universe.  The creation proves the creator; like a wooden table proves the carpenter, like the crafted written word proves the writer.  I have learned much about God studying with the Bahai Faith and Christianity and all the religions at least the major ones.  I think It is the nature of the creator that is really in question?  I find it hard not to believe when so many of my own experiences cannot be explained by this physical existence alone. I believe in the soul because I've had so many dreams that did become realities within a day or week after the dream, quite impossible if we are not greater than this physical body alone.  In the end; it will be our end that proves life after this or not. Since we have to be dead to ultimately find out the answer to these spiritual questions at this point, and I'm in no hurry to do that, let us just deal with this physical existence and solving the problems we face here on earth, such as world hunger- and keeping the earth in good health- so that we and future generations can live on it in good health.

7. 1morning profile image60
    1morningposted 6 years ago

Talking about God makes people nervous.  We get very attached to our answers when we are talking about something which involves faith.  People who believe in God have faith, but generally believe that their path is the only right one.  Non-believers also generally believe that their path is the right one.  It's as hard to accept that you might be wrong as it is to believe that someone else might be right.  Perhaps God is everything, belief/disbelief, faith/or the lack of, this moment/eternity, everything, everywhere, all the time?  Maybe God is Life itself?

working