jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

How can Astrology improve our lives?

1. avorodisa profile image84
    avorodisaposted 6 years ago

How can Astrology improve our lives?

2. Jesus was a hippy profile image61
    Jesus was a hippyposted 6 years ago

It can give people false hope and inspiration to make things happen. Of course we all know its a load of bunkem. I read all the horoscopes last week for al the signs and every single one of them applied to me.

Isnt that a farce?

3. Mr. Happy profile image83
    Mr. Happyposted 6 years ago

I don't know much about astrology but I value any form of knowledge. I think knowing is good; being in the "knowing" is good. I like to know about ""things" so, I think knowing about astrology may just simply add to the understanding of the grander picture. Even if it is only a little piece of the puzzle ... or is it?

4. peterxdunn profile image59
    peterxdunnposted 6 years ago

The idea that astrology can be used to foretell sombody's future is nonsensical.

This wasn't how the ancient lore masters: the guys that invented the zodiac, intended it to be used. For them astrology and astronomy were the same thing. They used the zodiac - and the ability to write and keep records - to keep track of where the sun rose and set against the backdrop of the fixed stars. They also plotted the progress of the 'wanderers' (in ancient Greek wanderer becomes planet) across the heavens.

All of this knowledge about the cycles of the sun, moon, planets and stars (the zodiacal houses/signs) was used to keep track of nature's cycles down here on Earth. So their horoscopes told them when to plant and harvest crops - when the Nile would flood - when the birds would fly south for the winter. This is not predicting the future. This is just marking time.

5. Owl Ka Myst profile image60
    Owl Ka Mystposted 6 years ago

The popular idea that astrology is mainly predictive is unfortunate. Those who have a nature to take advantage use astrology in this manner...again, unfortunate.
    In ancient times, the natal chart was non-existent. No one went to an astrologer to find out about themselves. Natal astrology is a fairly new aspect of astrology and even this is not focused on prediction.
    I think where people tend to get confused is when they assume that 'potential' means 'prediction'.
    It is the potential that is seen in a natal chart that can help guide us. From our natal charts we can see where our strengths and weaknesses are.
    Astrology does not say 'can't do this' because the planets are not properly placed. We can do anything- however, how much effort and attention that will be needed is found in the natal.
    One who has a lot of Earth placements will usually be a natural business person but lack some emotional softness.
    This does not mean that they cannot be compassionate or that they will have a CEO position handed to them.
    Potential and inclination, knowing these things as seen in a persons natal chart is what is helpful and can be of use in improving our lives.

6. nikkaushik profile image61
    nikkaushikposted 6 years ago

I studied Indian Astrology and I can say that It helped me a LOT

It can give you the pros. and cons. of every thing related to your life and that's what always good to know  before starting anything and there is one more thing about astrology as i studied it that....  ZODIAC SIGNS ALONE IS NOT ENOUGH to predict anything about you.

7. manu6076 profile image71
    manu6076posted 6 years ago

Astrology definitely helps to improve our lives.
    It explains the negative & positive parts of a individual.
    By this way negative can be controlled & positive can be increased.
    Its also gives the answer for future question because its based on calculations. But the important thing is the time of Birth, it should be correct...........

1. avorodisa profile image84
      avorodisaposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I picked your answer as the best because it actually answered my question. Others simply gave a sort of evaluation to what astrology is and their own opinions, which is always interesting, but not the point)))

working