jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Can Faith and homosexuality coexist in an individual?

1. vtwilli profile image75
    vtwilliposted 6 years ago

Can Faith and homosexuality coexist in an individual?

2. Mr. Happy profile image82
    Mr. Happyposted 6 years ago

I am not gay but I would not see why that would be an impossibility. Faith does not base itself on one's sexual preferences. Although many priests are turning out to be pedophiles ...

3. swb78 profile image60
    swb78posted 6 years ago

Absolutely, how many christian men and women live in sexual sin? Jesus did not give us authority to judge...we are suppose to love. Homosexuals are no different than heterosexuals, they need the love and forgiveness of Christ just the same as all sinners do...and we are all sinners.

4. thomasczech profile image64
    thomasczechposted 6 years ago

I believe so. Sin is sin, Jesus will forgive sin if one asks and repents. The only unforgivable sin is taking the Lords name in Vain, all others are forgivable from my understanding, homosexuality is no different, therefore it is forgivable. However how can one live continuing in sin while knowing it is wrong and follow Christ? This is a question only God can answer. it is our duty to live according to His word to the best of our ability and walk out of sin with Christ's help. It takes time, prayer and many times fasting. We are not to judge, but we are to teach and guide and love all.

5. Dave Mathews profile image61
    Dave Mathewsposted 6 years ago

Yes of course! one has no bering upon the other. God will correct that which is wrong.

6. daskittlez69 profile image76
    daskittlez69posted 6 years ago

Why couldn't they?  Faith is a believe in a higher power and homosexuality is a lifestyle or a partner preference.