jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Would the recent finding about early fetal gender detection affect our understan

1. giopski profile image60
    giopskiposted 6 years ago

Would the recent finding about early fetal gender detection affect our understanding of conception?

2. profile image0
    Binaya.Ghimireposted 6 years ago

Perhaps not. But I think fetal gender detection is leading to female fetal killings in China and India because people in these most populous countries give preference to boy chid. Sex ratio in India and China is alarmingly wide.

3. giopski profile image60
    giopskiposted 6 years ago

Thats a good thought, however, I believe that the finding could change our way of thinking in terms of when conception truly starts. If gender could be identified early on then the fetus must therefore be treated not just a piece of "meat" as abortionists would claim

4. Sunny2o0o profile image72
    Sunny2o0oposted 6 years ago

I doubt it.  It's already known that at the moment of conception, the gender to the future child has already been determined.  The finding may embolden pro-life supporters, but I doubt that it will have any effect on pro-choice individuals, who have already been exposed to various pro-life propaganda campaigns for years, some of which disseminate accurate medical information about fetal development.

5. onegoodwoman profile image76
    onegoodwomanposted 6 years ago

.........uhhm..........God made me in the womb............

What He made me as, doesn't really matter.

Let the learned scientists have their day.

working