jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

The variety of religions in australia ?

1. profile image50
    rmitusposted 6 years ago

The variety of religions in australia ?

2. MsDora profile image94
    MsDoraposted 6 years ago

What about it?  Are you asking for someone to list the religions?  Hope someone can help.

3. marwan asmar profile image81
    marwan asmarposted 6 years ago

I think because Australia is an immigrant-receiving country it would expect to have a variety of religions. Thus the Protestant variety is only one denomenation of Christain teaching, and there is much more. This is beside the Muslim variety, hinduism and much more. What it actually implies as well there is much greater degree of acceptance of the other.

4. whoisbid profile image77
    whoisbidposted 6 years ago

I think that there are less fundamentalists in Australia than in the United States. I could be wrong but most Australians seem to be more laid back about things. Maybe it is because they have traditionally been so far away from everyone else as we all know that Australia used to be called "Terra Incognito"
    I would be surprised if people outside Australia actually know much about Australia and I guess Australians must come here and answer this one.

5. terrektwo profile image83
    terrektwoposted 6 years ago

As many have said with the extreme influx of immigrants with completely different faiths christianity has taken a slide. Also the white Australians, Americans, Canadians or even Europeans are not having children so I would only expect it to slide further and further.

working