jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How have you put your life to best use?

1. sharmav profile image60
    sharmavposted 6 years ago

How have you put your life to best use?

2. Lady Wordsmith profile image81
    Lady Wordsmithposted 6 years ago

By creating, and creating, and a little more creating.  To me, life is a little pointless if I'm not making something.  It can be a little thing, a crochet square for a blanket that I'm working on, a paragraph of writing that may not even be very good.  But if I haven't made at least one thing in each day then I feel as though that day has been a little wasted. 

I also try to make sure that I do some smiling and laughing every day, and some gazing adoringly at my children.  If I can't spend a little time with each of my three boys then I feel like I haven't used the day properly.

And I think that's the essence of my answer to you - each day has plenty of opportunities in it to do things that make us happy, and to make the people we love happy.  They may only be little things, but when you add them up they become a huge and fulfilled and glorious life.

3. baygirl33 profile image60
    baygirl33posted 6 years ago

I like to have a list. That may be a hangover from my teaching career when daily plans were necessary. But it keeps me reminded to not drag through the day in a daze.
    I have taken in 4 of my sibling when my parents died and sent them into the world to do good things.They are good upstanding citizens and I take my cue from that.
    I have helped my spouse campaign for local government. And I've always been the in-law that kept the family together via holiday parties,and just keeping relatives together.
    I feel these contributions are what makes my world go round.Good deeds always come back to you.

4. edhan profile image60
    edhanposted 6 years ago

As far as within my means, I have achieved in bringing up a family like any other person in this world.

Other than that, I am always in search of what we are born in this world. The answer to enlightenment always amazed me as there are people who had achieved it.

So, what is the real truth behind our existence?

I know that we will be re-born again and going through the same process until we finally realize the ultimate purpose in life.

That question may lies within the next few generations ...

working