jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Why People Need a God?

1. jainismus profile image71
    jainismusposted 6 years ago

Why People Need a God?

2. prashantpujan profile image73
    prashantpujanposted 6 years ago

I do not think so that people need god. I believe they need some one to sail them through horrible situations in life. They hunt for that kind of support from nowhere. Since society believes, in general, the existence of god and its majestic powers that are believed to act in some super natural ways to save you from miseries of life - so people zero down on GOD as best resolver of their woes and so they need HIM.

3. Philanthropy2012 profile image89
    Philanthropy2012posted 6 years ago

I believe that people who seek support and comfort in something will often find a God. Whether that constitutes "needing" him however is questionable. They may have easily found solace in something else entirely, that would have served the same purpose. But what is for sure is that God serves a very positive purpose in these cases.

Thank you for the interesting question.

Philanthropy,

4. profile image0
    AKA Winstonposted 6 years ago

Faith is the phychologically-driven solution to intractable problems faced by humanity.

5. MissKatieLynne profile image46
    MissKatieLynneposted 6 years ago

I think it's natural for people to "need a god" - it's a sense of relief. People are afraid to die - afraid of what happens next. Religion and Gods give people a sense of relief and belonging. People tend to believe that there will be a great life after death, and that's comforting to them. People also need to feel that a higher power is there to protect them. When something goes wrong, they want to believe that someone will be there for them to help make it better. If a family member dies, it's comforting to think "they're with god now, living a new life, and we'll see them again soon." It's about comfort, security, and relief - some people need that in their lives. Some people need something to turn to when there's nothing left, and God/Religion gives that to them.

6. Jonesy0311 profile image60
    Jonesy0311posted 6 years ago

I think it is a natural way to find answers for those questions we cannot answer. Of coruse, some use it to incorrectly answer questions that science has already answered. On top of fear and uncertainty, I would argue that it plays to the human ego in that we all want to feel that we are somehow special. It would be very discouraging for most to think that we are just animals who ultiamtely end up feeding the decomposers.

working