jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What crops will grow well on a hill?

1. patchofearth profile image88
    patchofearthposted 6 years ago

What crops will grow well on a hill?

A good portion of  my yard is hillside.  I would like to grow as much of my own food as possible.  To maximize the potential of my land, what can I grow on the side of a hill and is there anything special I need to do for crops planted on a hill?

2. All For Jesus profile image60
    All For Jesusposted 6 years ago

I'm so sorry, patchofearth, your question doesn't concern me at the moment. Please, redirect your question to another hubber who is well- informed on the subject matter. All blessings "in" Christ Jesus- our Lord!!!

3. Anesthesiologist profile image60
    Anesthesiologistposted 6 years ago

oops..why this question in this category..hmm

But I answer..
    On the sunny side don't plant crops that give herbs, such as spinach, parsley, if the sun is in the garden but not long, you can plant cabbage. If hill is sunny, other crops will rise as on the plain.

4. profile image36
    LORD ENKIposted 6 years ago

Definitly WEED Good old cannibus,grow on a south facimg hill with clay drip spikes.You'll smoke the best pot in the state!!

5. lostdogrwd profile image61
    lostdogrwdposted 6 years ago

as a trucker and seen many hills and mountain side. they still  grow crops on them. man I miss smoking weed.

6. onegoodwoman profile image76
    onegoodwomanposted 6 years ago

Peanuts, potatoes, yams.... many berries, those plants with 'running vines'......cucumbers, melons, tomatoes, squashes, eggplants,............most farmers refer to the hill, as a mound...............it  is a security of  "dirt"..................plant it and it will grow!!

OOPS..........thought it was an open question....did not intend to intrude.........still, info is valuable........go in peace, and forgive me, my trespass.

working