What is your believe about gay rights in America?

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)
  1. profile image48
    GlobalRevivalposted 6 years ago

What is your believe about gay rights in America?

2. MelissaVsWorld profile image82
    MelissaVsWorldposted 6 years ago

I believe that all persons that are citizens of this country should have equal rights.  If heterosexuals have right marry and be miserable, homosexuals and bisexuals should have that same right.

3. athena2011 profile image54
    athena2011posted 6 years ago

I believe that everyone is entitled to the same rights regardless of their sexual orientation. To me, a simple way to solve the entire uproar over gay rights is to come up with a different name for their unions.

If the word "Marriage" is for a man and a woman only then why not just create a word that defines a union between a man and a man or a woman and a woman. Perhaps the word "Union" could take care of this issue.smile Imagine a one word solution to such a huge problem.

4. ptosis profile image72
    ptosisposted 6 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6046594_f260.jpg

There are already semantics written into state law - but without the full rights of a marriage.
    BTW this unions are only available for same sex couples only - isn't that reverse discrimination?

I'm talking about Hawaii and I just wanted to have hospital and medical rights with an other sex friend. Wasn't allowed because wasn't same sex!

Besides it's not just same & opposite sexes - Persons may be female, male, intersexed, or hermaphodrite.

I believe that it's the insurance companies who don't want to extend benefits to non-traditional families for greater profits.

5. CloudExplorer profile image76
    CloudExplorerposted 6 years ago

Sexual preferences are a huge thing in today's society, and America protects the right of homosexuals. Humans have the right to their on choices, but humanity will bear the consequences in the end, due to such poor judgement biologically speaking, only time will tell. read more

6. Doc Snow profile image93
    Doc Snowposted 6 years ago

I believe that 'gay rights' are a subset of human rights, necessary because of the pervasive dehumanizing of GLBT folks.  Thankfully, things are getting better, but you only need to read some of the answers already given to see that there's still a way to go.

7. Cammiebar profile image74
    Cammiebarposted 6 years ago

The GLBT community face a lot of stereotypes--Openly making out gays (heteros do this A LOT, by the way), perverted, pushy, flashy, et cetera. 

I have a lot of gay friends.  They never flaunt it.  They respect heterosexuals and never push anything on them.  But what bothers them the most, from what I can see, is how religion in constantly thrown into the argument.  If it's not right to flaunt Wicca or another religion, why do the Christians flaunt and push their religion on other people?  It doesn't happen all the time, but it does happen.

"Marriage" is viewed as sacred.  But I honestly don't think it's sacred if people like Kim Kardashian can marry and divorce one month later.  But giving the same rights to the GLBT community and calling it a different name is no better.  It still makes it different.

Everyone deserves to be happy.  If it hurts someone else or yourself, then there is a problem.  GLBT marriage doesn't hurt anyone.  And if there is an issue regarding religion, I think that it's between that couple and God--not a nosy neighbor, religious zealot, or anyone else.

As a side note--I once argued with someone who equated homosexuality to alcoholism.  I still don't know how to feel about that . . .

8. M. T. Dremer profile image93
    M. T. Dremerposted 6 years ago

When I think back to the times in America when African Americans and women (among others) were denied basic human rights, it kind of makes me sick to my stomach. But it also makes me proud of my country to see how far we have come. No, equal rights aren't perfect today either, but we're a heck of a lot better off than we were even a few decades ago. Equal rights for the LGBT community is the same battle, just for a new group. And that's why it makes me disgusted and ashamed when there are American's who ignore such an obvious breech of human rights because of a religious text that is (by definition) not based on any facts. People who think gays and lesbians shouldn't have the same rights as heterosexuals, should be ashamed of themselves. You're no better than the racists and the sexists of the past.

9. xethonxq profile image64
    xethonxqposted 6 years ago

This is a simple one for me....gay rights should be a given.

10. Fullerman5000 profile image63
    Fullerman5000posted 6 years ago

Being gay, just like religion and politics is a personal choice. It's nothing i would try, but I dont think of anyone any less for being the way they are. I say, they should have rights just like anyone of any race. I say love is love in all kinds of forms

11. justateacher profile image81
    justateacherposted 6 years ago

People are people regardless of sexual orientation, color, race, religion, gender....and all other "categories" we put them in. As human beings, we should all have equal rights. As a teacher I have seen couple of the same gender raising children and couples of opposite genders raising children. Both sets of parents have the same problems and joys of raising children. As long as two people truly love each other, they should be allowed to marry and enjoy the same rights.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)