jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (10 posts)

Do you believe that the sun stood still in the time of Joshua (from the Bible)?

1. Smallrevolution profile image59
    Smallrevolutionposted 6 years ago

Do you believe that the sun stood still in the time of Joshua (from the Bible)?

2. tonymead60 profile image94
    tonymead60posted 6 years ago

I think you have to take the old Testament with the proverbial pinch of salt. Just stories to explain things by people who knew very little.

1. Robert the Bruce profile image61
      Robert the Bruceposted 3 years agoin reply to this

You have a good perspective on that.

3. RJ68 profile image61
    RJ68posted 6 years ago

I believe that God can create miracles even when we go through storms.  So yes I believe that the sun stood still until Joshua was able to fight off his enemies.  As the scripture says "there was never a day like it before or since, a day when the Lord listened to a man".  Joshua cried out to the Lord to keep it daylight until the war was over.  God heard Joshua and did as requested.  smile

4. MsDora profile image94
    MsDoraposted 6 years ago

I believe in miracles, including the miracle of the sun standing still.  They're part of God's awesome Omnipotence.

5. Dave Mathews profile image61
    Dave Mathewsposted 6 years ago

If the Bible reports it as having happened, It happened. God is capable of doing anything He chooses to do.

6. Zabbella profile image77
    Zabbellaposted 6 years ago

I believe what The Bible said about that.  Otherwise why write about it?   I also believe that scientists are baffled by the loss in time...( I am not baffled)

7. Der Meister profile image70
    Der Meisterposted 6 years ago

Since the earth revolves around the sun, the sun wouldn't be the one standing still.

8. preacher2003 profile image59
    preacher2003posted 6 years ago

yes!

BACK IN THE 80'S   when the space shuttle was to be launched and scientists could not go ahead with it because of a days missing in space.

The searched and searched and finally a young man on the NASA team said he remembered something from his Sunday school class. Hezekiah (Isaiah 38:8) asked that the sun be moved back and the Bible says it was moved back 10 degrees , which is 40 minutes. Also during a battle - Joshua 10:12-14 - the sun stood still about an whole day -

So when they put these two together the missing day was found and the shuttle was then scheduled. So science had to once again give in and prove that the Bible is real and true and also that God exists - ....

1. Robert the Bruce profile image61
      Robert the Bruceposted 3 years agoin reply to this

That story is a baseless legend that has been debunked and disproved time and time again. Just takes a little bit of research. Boy oh boy...you Christians and your fables...

working