jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Is it possible for an atheist to become demonically possesed?

1. mmcalli0 profile image60
    mmcalli0posted 6 years ago

Is it possible for an atheist to become demonically possesed?

Given that atheists do not believe in any type of religion is it possible for an atheist to become possesed? And if that is possible would a religious exorcism work?

2. chuckbl profile image81
    chuckblposted 6 years ago

I will answer your question in terms of theory, presuming that demonic possession is a real, if rare, thing. Yes it is possible for an atheist to become possessed, in fact there are several examples of this happening to atheists, members of other religions or people completely removed from religion altogether. A devil would most likely try to create the largest amount of chaos possible and if that means using the body of an atheist, then they will.

Can they be exorcised? Absolutely, it helps if the person possessed tried to expel the demon themselves, but it is not necessary. They can certainly be helped regardless of their beliefs.

3. MickS profile image69
    MickSposted 6 years ago

Obviously not, an atheist would have to believe in the demonic power to be possesed by it, he would then cease to be an atheist.

4. profile image0
    csmartposted 6 years ago

I don't know about that one. I don't think it would matter if you were religious or not. If demons do exist and are capable of possessing human bodies, then it wouldn't matter what your religious beliefs are. However, humans do have free will; therefore, even if demons do exist they might not have the power to possess human bodies.

5. ib radmasters profile image60
    ib radmastersposted 6 years ago

I don't believe so by definition. No belief in God then there is no belief in demons.

6. Civil War Bob profile image61
    Civil War Bobposted 6 years ago

Sure...you can not believe in buses, but if you step off the curb and get hit by one, you've been bused; which is different from bussed (kissed).  An exorcism won't work unless it involves the person becoming born again wherein the Holy Spirit dwells within him forever, eliminating the demon coming back with seven meaner buddies as is recorded in Luke 11:25.

7. profile image54
    wayne92587posted 6 years ago

Of Course.

Those posecced by Evil do not believe they are or can be pocessed.

Generally speaking Mankind is possesed by Evil.

working