jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Do you conform or are you original?

1. Konata profile image61
    Konataposted 6 years ago

Do you conform or are you original?

2. WryLilt profile image91
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

I'm the original conformer!

But seriously - I love being original. I hate being the same as everyone. I question everything. I like unique. And I hate people who just reshare information because "so-and-so" said it was right. That's how misinformation spreads.

It's annoying though. I used to be into goth and nerd. But now both are really "cool". So I'm no longer different. DAMMIT!

3. Gemini Fox profile image88
    Gemini Foxposted 6 years ago

Can't answer that as it depends on the topic - on some things I would be considered conservative/conformist and others pretty liberal/original.

4. profile image0
    CJ Sledgehammerposted 6 years ago

I have nothing against conformity, per say, as long as it is healthy, true, good, and right.

I think some may classify me as a nonconformist and I think that is a fair assessment. I have also been told that I "dance to the beat of a different drum" and I wouldn't argue that point either. :0)

I don't think that I'm that "original" but I have been told that I am "unique".

5. Lisa HW profile image76
    Lisa HWposted 6 years ago

I do my own thing and am original, but I'm also secure enough that I don't worry about trying hard to lookor be different (or a non-conformer) just for the sake of not appearing to conform.

6. JamaGenee profile image85
    JamaGeneeposted 6 years ago

I'd like to think I'm a total original, but there are many instances where I'm a conformist.  Obeying traffic laws, for instance...saying "please" and "thank you".  Opening doors for the elderly and infirm.  That sort of thing.  In most everything else, though, I do my own thing...usually without intending to be an "original". That just seems to be the way I'm wired. ;D

7. Dave Mathews profile image61
    Dave Mathewsposted 6 years ago

I am definitely a non-conformist. It's not that I don't agree with things, but I look at them from all angles.