Can you create a 5 step process for determining what ones meaning to life is?
A BEAUTIFUL GIFT FOR GOD By BERNARD LEVINE
When you sacrifice something
to give to the needy
When you teach a child how to pray
When you go out of your way
to help a stranger
It's a beautiful gift for God.
When you speak God's Words
and bring light on the world
When you heal the heart of the suffering
When you show kindness to those hurting
How wonderful and precious that moment is.
When you bring hope into someone's life
When you bless the poor with your love
When you make God your number 1
You bring joy into heaven.
© Bernard Levine
1. Love...Life is dead without love ones...object and recipient of love are...God or the Universe or Nature, family, spouse, best friend, colleague, peer group, pets, etc.
2. Beauty...if you cannot see yourself as beautiful then why would you like to live?
3. Health...if you are sick then you will just be a burden to others...that's very sad.
4. Abundance...Is life meaningful when you suffer poverty and deprivation? You should have plenty of money.
5. Doing what you enjoy, being what you really want, and having everything you want to posses.
These are the five basic meaning of life for me.
Step 1 - Be born.
Step 2 - Grow into adulthood
Step 3 - Have children
Step 4 - Assist your children in having a better lifestyle than you had.
Step 5 - Relax and assist your children in their step 4.
The meaning of life is not an individual thing, it is a process as a species. It is our duty in life and to life, to try and advance the species as a whole. We may do this in small family groups but it is the vast number of family groups working in unison that will advance our species.
1. Where are you?
2. What are you?
3. Are there any great battles to be fought?
4. What are you good at?
5. What are your passions?
These 5 steps lead you to meaning when used properly.
step 1: let go of everything others think one is and what they want one to be.
Step 2: Examine to completion one's own motivations.
Step 3: Compassionately accept one's own flaws and gifts.
Step 4: let go of all steps 1-3.
Step 5: Act
1. Be contented - greed entails no far-reaching benefits.
2. Study smart - predict what are the questions that will be tested in your tests and exams to avoid last-minute apprehension and stress. You might not regret having studied so many topics which are insignificant in tests and exams.
3. Think of ways on how to earn more money, while at the same time giving back to the society - it is ethical to pledge your determination to help the poor. Think of how the poor and unfortunate will benefit from your kindness. This is also to show others that you are not living for the sake of money only.
4. Respect your parents- without them you would not have grown up. Give them financial backing when you are at work and spend time with them. Do not ever think of abandoning them.
5. Just die - there is no point in wanting to live for a few more days. Where there is a beginning, there is an end.
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.