jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What is your definition of a Christian?

1. peeples profile image95
    peeplesposted 5 years ago

What is your definition of a Christian?

Everyone seems to have different opinions on this one, What is yours?

2. flpalermo profile image61
    flpalermoposted 5 years ago

Just ask God about it:
    (Romans 8:9) But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
    That is what a true Christian is.

3. Joseph Hughes profile image60
    Joseph Hughesposted 5 years ago

I agree with flpalermo on this, but would like to expand just a little. The word Christian was first given to the believers of Antioch and literally means, "Follower of Christ". In order to have the Spirit of Christ, Jesus said we must be "Born Again" (John ch 3). In Ephesians ch 2, we learn that we are saved by God's grace, through faith. The Spirit of God dwells in those who trust in Christ's finished work, his sacrifice on the cross and resurrection from the dead. This reconciles us to God, our Father, and gives us direct access to him, without any intercessor but Christ. We can approach God directly because when we are spiritually reborn, we become children of God. The Bible also teaches us that we can tell whether someone is a true or false Christian by their "fruit" (Matthew 7:16-20) and we know that the fruits of the Spirit are: love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: (Galatians 5:22-23). So to me, a Christian is one who has trusted Christ to save them from sin and reconcile them to God, thereby being reborn by the Spirit of God. Those who do so are true Christians, and it will be obvious in their conduct toward others.

4. feenix profile image61
    feenixposted 5 years ago

In my opinion, the definition of "a Christian" is a person who believes that both the Immaculate Conception and Holy Resurrection actually happened, and that Jesus died on The Cross for everyone's sins.

5. yougotme profile image88
    yougotmeposted 5 years ago

Christians are those individuals who believe in the existence of God (who is Jesus Christ). However, true Christians are those who integrate Christ's teachings in actions and thoughts. Many are just Christians in name, but are not Christians by deeds.

6. amithak50 profile image60
    amithak50posted 5 years ago

One who believes in love,friendship,giving ...I think we should respect everyone