jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (12 posts)

Is man's will an aspect of the Higher Self? Is imagination an aspect of the Hig

1. Quirinus profile image75
    Quirinusposted 5 years ago

Is man's will an aspect of the Higher Self?  Is imagination an aspect of the Higher Self?

Is man's will an aspect of the Higher Self?  Is imagination an aspect of the Higher Self?

2. Eugene Hardy profile image60
    Eugene Hardyposted 5 years ago

I like to think so.

We have the potential to great things, even to aspire to divinity.

3. Dubuquedogtrainer profile image60
    Dubuquedogtrainerposted 5 years ago

Will and imagination are characteristics endowed by our Creator, God - He created us in His image. We have a choice (free will that He gave us) to follow Him or worship ourselves. If we place ourselves at the center of our lives and believe that we can control of all that affects us, this is called secular humanism. If we place God at the center of our lives and live for Him, there is no "higher self." We are humbled and live for Christ.

4. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 5 years ago

no, it's an aspect of the person in both cases. we don't have higher-selfs so how is that even possible.

5. Taleb80 profile image84
    Taleb80posted 5 years ago

I answered but after I read hubbers' answers, I come to know I did not get the question, so I am sorry to waste your time.

6. MilesArmbruster profile image61
    MilesArmbrusterposted 5 years ago

Before the question can be answered we would need to know what the "Higher Self" is.

7. sandrabusby profile image86
    sandrabusbyposted 5 years ago

My understanding of the "Higher Self" is that aspect of all of us that is our direct connection to the "Infinite."  Once we become conscious of that connection and turn our lives over to the "Infinite," the "Higher Self" conveys messages to us directly about our personal lives.  Will power, in my understanding, is energy that is available to the ego, which we all need for functioning on this planet, but the Higher Self's perspective is in touch with more than what's on this planet.  Imagination is "seeing with the mind's eye."  The Higher Self can make use of both our will and our imagination to get its work done.  What "we" then have to do is the footwork.

8. luckykarma profile image59
    luckykarmaposted 5 years ago

After reading this question it came to me that maybe that is what is meant by when we say "I have fallen in love"!! For I have always asked people, 'What are we falling from?' and no one knows.
    I have written a hub on this or should I say, answered another hubbers' question relating to it.

When we say "We have fallen" for anything, is it the same as your question about our "Higher Self"?...as for the other hubber here on this page who refers to God and what it means to him, I have to ask him if we are made in His image, then how come we are all so different, so which image are me made after? There are many imagages.  It isn't written in the Bible so I take any answer to that question as your own personal conclusion that suits you. It is not in the Bible, I know.
    Maybe it's our WILL that is our Higher Self.

I am more inclined to go with that one, as no one really knows, we either follow the sheep, or think for ourselves and work it out to suit ourselves.  If you have NO WILL to do anything, you are depressed, down, and lethargic, if you are on top of your game, full of life, have the WILL to do anything, full of energy and powerful, you are at the top of your HIGHER self. Which is where God wants us to be, full of life, having abundance in all things.

9. opiningminion profile image60
    opiningminionposted 5 years ago

I've come to understand that man's will is the way the Self materializes its intentions. The imagination is how the Self reconciles or fellowships with the physical consciousness.

10. Emanate Presence profile image77
    Emanate Presenceposted 5 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/7518680_f260.jpg

Quirinus,

Your question came up just now when I asked a question about the Higher Self as research for a hub I am writing, "How to Regain a Connection With Your Higher Self."

My experience with the Higher Self, and ideas about it, have spanned more than forty years. An internet search done today for the hub I am writing revealed that popular viewpoints of the Higher Self are -- other viewpoints. Part of the fun of such writing is that it expands my perspective on a subject near and dear to me.

I like to call mine 'an unfolding perspective' as it is always subject to new learning and growing.

The Higher Self is included in some diagrams of the psyche. These are limited representations as they are two-dimensional and compartmentalized whereas in actuality the psyche is multi-dimensional and complex.

To me, higher and lower does not refer to a hierarchy or to moral superiority but to a frequency of vibration. Not a quantum scientist, still I stick my toes in the waters. I explored some of these beliefs in the hub, "What do you believe and why?"

Man's will and imagination are on a lower frequency and dimension than the Higher Self.

How do you feel about this diagram of the psyche?

1. Emanate Presence profile image77
      Emanate Presenceposted 5 years agoin reply to this

The evidence of a Higher Self is in the quality of a person's actions and behaviors. No amount of knowledge brings the Higher Self into actuality. Equanimity, compassion, higher confidence and service to Life are the fragrance of the Higher Self.

2. Quirinus profile image75
      Quirinusposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the inspiring ideas. I tried clicking to enlarge the view of the diagram but it won't give me a larger font. I can't say I don't agree as I can't read everything. I can say though that it may need to be a 3D to allow for unifying layer.

working