jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How can we inspire young women to have more confidence and higher self-esteem?

1. CeeGunn profile image82
    CeeGunnposted 6 years ago

How can we inspire young women to have more confidence and higher self-esteem?

2. msorensson profile image72
    msorenssonposted 6 years ago

Indeed. Stop showing them images of what is beautiful on television. Show them the life history of Marie Curie (wife, mother and scientist), the great women novelists, the great women artists...

3. MickS profile image74
    MickSposted 6 years ago

Tell them to stop feeling sorry for themselves, to stop competing with men, and to be themseves and take no notice of what/who the media tells them they should be like.

4. athena2011 profile image58
    athena2011posted 6 years ago

I think genuine praise goes very far to boost anyone's self esteem, so acknowledging them for who they are and appreciating them will help to boost their self esteem.

I have actually written a few hubs on self esteem that will provide much more information for this answer so check them out, vote and comment as you wish.

Here they are;

http://athena2011.hubpages.com/hub/7-Cu … elf-Esteem

http://athena2011.hubpages.com/hub/Self … oImportant

5. feenix profile image59
    feenixposted 6 years ago

Based on my many, many years of observation, young women do not hold a monopoly when it comes to having a lack of confidence and low self-esteem. A great many young men suffer low self-esteem and do not have very much confidence in themselves.

And personally, the way that I (a 65-year-old man) inspire youngsters to be more confident and to possess greater levels of self-esteem is to lead by example.

I always carry myself, and behave, like the confident, self-assured man I am; thereby, showing a considerable number of the young people I come in contact with what it takes to be a successful person and all-around cool dude.

working