jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Is Mitt Romney Morally Justified to Build an Elevator for His Luxury Cars?

1. Fuller-Life profile image77
    Fuller-Lifeposted 5 years ago

Is Mitt Romney Morally Justified to Build an Elevator for His Luxury Cars?

Is Mitt Romney Morally Justified to Build a Customized Elevator at home for His Luxurious Cars, when Some of His disabled workers can't afford proper wheelchairs?

2. profile image64
    logic,commonsenseposted 5 years ago

Absolutely, you would if you had his money.

3. d.william profile image76
    d.williamposted 5 years ago

There is no moral value set on spending money if you have it to spend.  The only morality that can be assigned to money at all is how it is obtained.  It may be  morally, or ethically, wrong to amass such a vast fortune as Mr. R. has done if it is done at the expense of others.   And even that statement needs to be clarified.  Stealing, cheating, and causing others to suffer in order to amass wealth is never justified morally or ethically, however it is not against the law, and those without conscience have no concern about morality, or ethics.   So, to have any opinion at all, as to whether building an elevator for his cars is morally justified, is of little value to anyone, especially Mr. Romney.

4. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

Someone who has the money has no obligation to justify it.  It isn't something I would want to have, but it isn't my call.  Who are his disabled workers who can't afford proper wheelchairs?  I would like some facts on that last statement please.