Is there a pragmatic spiritual path between being a theist and an atheist?

1. Eugene Hardy profile image59
    Eugene Hardyposted 5 years ago

Is there a pragmatic spiritual path between being a theist and an atheist?

And if so, what is it?

Is it more than being an agnostic?

2. Vegas Elias profile image27
    Vegas Eliasposted 5 years ago

As generally understood theists are people who believe in a God who is a person. Christianity, Hinduism and Islam are major faiths who recommend belief in a God as a person. Those who do not fall in place with their beliefs are termed as atheists.

However I beg to differ. No one has ever seen God or had an interview with God. I as a rational scientifically thinking being demand a few things from God if I have to believe in Him. This the so called Christian, Hindu or Muslim atheists cannot answer.

I as a rational being should make my own decision. I have made that decision and that is as follows:-

There is some force in the universe which is intelligent and all pervading. I could also use the adjectives "omnipresent", and "omniscient" for this force.

I am reasonably convinced that this force which I may call God is not at all bothered what you, a minuscule thing is doing on this minuscule earth.

My God is more busy with the running of the universe and taking of the mighty forces like gravity, nuclear fusion, planetary collision and birth and death of galaxies than involving in human trivia.

So to conclude I feel there is a path in between the atheists and theists and that is a rational belief in God who has no name and no shape and is not involved in sin and piety.

1. Eugene Hardy profile image59
      Eugene Hardyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Pretty much my assessment.

I have a need to know, however, things cosmic and spiritual, and this sometimes requires me to ask questions about God.

working