How much does it cost to be elected as the pope?

1. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 5 years ago

How much does it cost to be elected as the pope?

i read two articles about what it costs to get the last pope elected by his backers and I was amazed, what do you think or know that it costs ?

2. drantolic profile image47
    drantolicposted 5 years ago

More than needs be, I know that much. Just like any election, our priority should be on the people of God and not the money.

3. profile image0
    Larry Wallposted 5 years ago

I would love to see the references regarding the cost of electing a pope. There is a cost. The College of Cardinals members have to travel from around the world to the Vatican. They have to review possible candidates, they spend a lot of time in prayer. I will not saying your question is well, questionable at best, but I would like to see the sources of material.

I do not believe that members of the College of Cardinals are taking payoffs to elect a particular pope--that may have happened in the early days of the church, which the pope was not always a righteous person, but I doubt that is true today.

Also, my favorite disclaimer. Just because you read it on the internet does not mean it true. A lot of what you read is true, but not all of it.