jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do you think that one day we will be able to live on another planet? If so would

1. Ninasvoice profile image73
    Ninasvoiceposted 5 years ago

Do you think that one day we will be able to live on another planet? If so would you want to?

2. neildabb profile image75
    neildabbposted 5 years ago

We already have the technology to live on other planets (two men lived on the moon for a few days at a time in the late 60's and early 70's) And we're relatively sure there are planets that could support life without nearly that much technology out there.  Once we figure out how to get there in a timely manner I think it will be much like the migration to the Americas in the 16 and 1700's.  People will go for a new start.

Me, I'd consider going for a visit, but I think that first visit would whet my appetite to see more and I would eventually come back to earth as my home base.

3. Jewels profile image84
    Jewelsposted 5 years ago

I think one major hurdle is food, unless you want test tube sustenance.  But even this technology is being tackled and has been successful with aeroponics.  Actually that technology is becoming more popular here on earth.  I think in the next 30 years we are going to see a speeding up of space technology and most likely colonies will begin to spread.  How much trial and error we will see is......well..... it's to be seen isn't it.  I'm prepared to wait until my next incarnation to experience life on another planet.  For the time being Earth is pretty good.  I'd prefer we cleaned it up first before we polluted another rock.

4. nochance profile image92
    nochanceposted 5 years ago

Even if this were possible in my lifetime, I wouldn't do it. I'll stay here on earth. But considering we can't even get out of our solar system yet the only planet we could colonize is Mars... and nobody really cares about Mars.

working