Where/what is the origin of the human race?

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (24 posts)
  1. lumen2light profile image59
    lumen2lightposted 10 years ago

Where/what is the origin of the human race?

Were we created here on Earth? Evolved here on Earth? or is it possible we originated from another planet?

Cave paintings in Africa indicate space travel, and the squat ape like images of early man may be a result of the difference in gravity between the origin planet and Earth's gravity.

2. Borsia profile image41
    Borsiaposted 10 years ago

Our family tree has been traced back hundreds of thousands of years, in fact millions, through various generations of ancient hominoids up to modern man.
    I know that lots of wishers want to track us to alien landings but there is no evidence beyond science fiction that we came from anywhere other than planet earth.
    Consider that had we come from elsewhere we would have come with all of the technology that enabled them to reach the earth from countless light years away.
    Does it seem likely that we wouldn't have had things like the wheel? Metals? The list goes on and on. even if we were a primitive race naturally evolved and had just been aided by aliens we would have seen and copied these basic things.
    But we didn't, we can trace the evolution of technology back to sticks & stones.
    If you look for something hard enough chances are you will find it. These people search ancient drawings and such looking for images that might somehow relate to space travel and so they find them, or fabricate them.
    Sorry but we came from right here and evolved  just like all the other animals and plants and insects. We did it without any help from alien visitors.

lumen2lightposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Hi Borsia, in some ways I agree. The evolution of man can be seen through many centuries. But a crashed space craft with a handful of survivors over 15,000 years ago. Priority - 1 survival. Technology? A rifle without bullets is just a club.

2. Borsia profile image41
      Borsiaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

But a wheel is still a wheel and metal has always been better than stone, etc, etc, survival right.
      Some technology would fall by the wayside, though bullets are easy to make, but basics would only evolve.

3. lumen2light profile image59

A wheel is only as good as its function, if there is no requirement for that function it is nothing more than a round object. Metal? Finding, extracting, smelting, and forming? I think food and shelter would be more important.

4. Borsia profile image41
      Borsiaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Then explain why once we did invent the wheel it has been with us?
      Food has to be transported, best on wheels, smelting metal isn't hard once you know how. Again as soon as we invented it we kept improving it.
      Wish if you like there is nothing to it.

3. taburkett profile image58
    taburkettposted 10 years ago

It all began one dark night when my distant relatives Adam and Eve............
    God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, he rested from all the work that he had done.
    Genesis 1:26 - Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”

Hi TA, just suppose God created man on another planet. The arrogance of man destroys that world. God provides passage of a few to a new world, but destroys the evil technology for man to start afresh. Maybe Mars is the next step. Just a thought!

2. taburkett profile image58
      taburkettposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Hi lumen2light, supposing is the right of anyone. but, that right also permits one to believe that there was no prior planet. God was the great creator of the earth from nothing. God made mankind in his image so that moral man shall rule the world.

4. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 10 years ago

Life started here on earth when God made Adam and Eve. This is my answer and I'm sticking to it. smile

Nice one JT, much respect... Just playing devil’s advocate, Helps to get the brain working

2. profile image0
      JThomp42posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Absolutely!! smile

5. Emanate Presence profile image69
    Emanate Presenceposted 10 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8169173_f260.jpg

This is a fun question to address lightly, with some imagination, and as you said 'to get the brain working.'

As I see it, the 'real' or 'whole' answer will be more complex.

We could start by asking more questions.

What says humans all have the same origin?

Even if we have a common biological origin, is it possible that each person has an animating soul - from various corners of the universe?

Is it possible that 'individual units of consciousness' which reside in individual physical bodies originated from dimensions beyond anything our sensory experience and well-laden interpretations can tell us?

Among the New age crowd, people sometimes talk about being 'old souls' or 'young souls' and 'being from' the Pleiades or from Sirius.

I have remained neutral on this subject, also on the subject of life on other planets. My non-committal response is, 'the universe is full of life.'

But I have some fun by saying, 'I used to be from Sirius. Now I am from Playful.'

lumen2light, your question sparked me to look up Pleiades for correct spelling, and I came across some interesting writing. It is the Historicist blog. Haven't read in-depth and don't know the angle of the writer, but will quote:

'Consider this - The Pleiades, seven stars clustered together in the northern sky.

'Problem: the ancients called them the seven sisters. But only six can be seen with the naked eye. The seventh is a dark neutron star.

'Question: How did the ancients know? For centuries this star was called the lost Pleiade because no one could figure out why the ancients had thought that there were seven, when clearly there are only six..'

Browsing the first paragraphs, the writing seems intelligent and offers another perspective.

Years ago I was fascinated by the writings of T. Lobsang Rampa who claimed to be a Tibetan trained in metaphysics and the occult. Some of his books describe Gardeners of the Earth and humanoids brought from other planets. I corresponded with Rampa in the 70s. Later he was found to be of questionable origin himself, that is, he was a plumber from England.

But that was unimportant, as his writings stirred my imagination and opened my mind to look at things from outside the box, just to consider them.

Is it possible that before the earth solidified into the 3rd dimension, it was populated by beings who were also not fully solidified? That among them were the Lemurians and other subtle races?

One thing I know -- there is more to us than meets the eye.

1. taburkett profile image58

Your research has been fruitful. You must now know that God provided the historians with the truth. For it is through God, the Father, that the Son, Jesus, was sent, through acceptance of the Spirit, man (made of God) is brilliant. Let us all Shine.

2. Emanate Presence profile image69
      Emanate Presenceposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Hi taburkett,

I wrote an answer to another HP question:

'Can any religionist out there answer the Epicurean Paradox? This goes as follows:-'

That addresses your Comment more fully.

Just saw the Historicist blog is refuted.

Thanks.

3. lumen2light profile image59

Wow, this is an unexpected spin on the subject, but I agree, our true original origin will forever elude us. The thought of God creating man seems too simple for how complex we are; however, with current genetic engineering... anything is possible.

4. taburkett profile image58

When the physical world is behind you, you know. For as it has been written, so it shall be. Every human is on a one-way trip from their beginning. How they traverse it is their choice. Those choosing the path outlined by Jesus is everlasting.

5. lumen2light profile image59

Ah, yes, in the words of Aerosmith, Life's a journey not a destination!!!

6. C.V.Rajan profile image58
    C.V.Rajanposted 10 years ago

I will  answer your question only (ignoring your explanatory notes) just for fun:

"God fired a shot towards the sky and all human beings started running. That's how human 'race' started, I believe!

And we are still running. Which shows God has a sense of humour; he did not tell us where the finish line is!

2. lone77star profile image72
      lone77starposted 10 years agoin reply to this

And it's nice to be coming to the finish line after all these millennia. I hope this is my last Homo sapiens vessel.

7. lone77star profile image72
    lone77starposted 10 years ago

There are many stories and ideas. I find your cave painting idea interesting, but not likely.

The Bible has Adam and Eve in the Garden, but that was not a physical place! Despite all of the "physical" descriptions, Eden was a spiritual place -- and Adam and Eve died that day a spiritual death -- not a physical one.

As for Homo sapiens, scientists think they have it figured out (sort of), but they don't.

God created Homo sapiens (humanity), also known as "adam." See Genesis 5:2 -- where Adam is described as "them" and both male and female.

But the true timeline of Genesis apparently pegs the Flood at 27,970 BC and Adam at 10,434,130 BC. This skips right past anthropologists' Homo sapiens grandparent, great-grandparent and great-great grandparent species. This places earliest man in the middle of the Miocene Epoch, when giants roamed the Earth that would've made modern elephants look like miniature puppies.

This means that, though evolution applies to all other species, humans may well be a special case -- created whole cloth -- or genetically engineered by an agency of God. The purpose? To give God's lost children continuity of consciousness so needed in the rescue mission to redeem those lost children. And those lost children are us, because God created us in His image and likeness, and He is not Homo sapiens.

8. Dantex460 profile image59
    Dantex460posted 10 years ago

I don't think it is possible to really know yet. There is no sure way of figuring that out, only theories. The primordial ooze seems to be the one most accept so far.
    It would be cool if aliens made us though.

It would be cooler if we categorically knew our origin, without it there will always be those who question both religious, scientific and any other theories.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)