What exactly is cyber worship and how does it work?

1. Haunty profile image83
    Hauntyposted 5 years ago

What exactly is cyber worship and how does it work?

2. SidKemp profile image94
    SidKempposted 5 years ago

The concept of "cyber worship" is not exact. The term is a catchall phrase describing many things that are happening where religious practices are available on the Internet. "The term 'Cyber Worship' is a catchall phrase, which includes variants such as online worship, virtual worship, electronic prayer, cyber puja, cyber synagogue, and so on." From a description of Cyber Worship in Multifaith Perspectives at Amazon.com, http://www.amazon.com/Cyber-Worship-Mul … 810852578.

I run a teleconference-based Buddhist and New Age meditation group on Monday nights and a teleconference-based A Course in Miracles prayer group on Sunday evenings. So, in a sense, I've been involved in cyber worship for many years, without even hearing the term!

3. randslam profile image84
    randslamposted 5 years ago

I would imagine this is worship of the machine...or our technological prowess...much like being a fanatic about the "borg" on Star Trek.  Technology can be wonderful, but to go as far as to worship it?

I'll pass.

I love my computer, cell phone, iPad, etc...but I don't worship anything but the power of the human spirit and its desire to overcome adversity through invention...whatever the innovation may be...high tech or low tech...humans have the capacity to create cyber beauty, technological marvels...but nothing to worship.